Ex ignores platonic/friendly texts but not texts about relationship/feelings?

My ex broke up with me. Broke my heart into pieces. He moved on quite quickly. Got serious with an ex and moved her in within weeks of our breakup (yes, I am aware that this means he was seeing her behind my back). The point of providing this detail is because I want to make it clear that hes moved on.Nevertheless he wanted to remain friends. Took me a while to get there but i'm here. What confuses me is when i do text him and it's purely platonic and nothing more, he doesnt respond or takes hours and days to respond. But when I text him about my emotions or us (which I dont do anymore) he was extremely receptive. Responding quickly, full conversations etc.

I guess my question is, if he's moved on and apparently wants me to do the same, why is he only responsive to "us" type of convos vs the friendly ones with no interior motive?

When someone breaks up with you and says let's be friends, they don't really want to be friends. It's just something to say, much like telling someone you'll see them later when you're never going to see them again. You should go No Contact to help you heal faster. Block him. Delete him. Go on with your life. It's really the best way.

Why in the world would you 'friends' with someone who cheated on you? This is not find material.

You need to go NC with this creep. He does not care about you, or he would not have cheated on/dumped you.

Also, if he is with someone else, then why are you expressing your feelings?

He probably feels guilty for cheating, OP. So he responds to your more emotional texts because he feels bad, hoping it will make him seem like less of the "bad guy" by indulging these conversations.

You shouldn't be texting him at all anyway, girl. This dude is not your friend.

He probably feels guilty for cheating, OP. So he responds to your more emotional texts because he feels bad, hoping it will make him seem like less of the "bad guy" by indulging these conversations.

You shouldn't be texting him at all anyway, girl. This dude is not your friend.

Took the words right out of my mouth! Yes, his motive behind his "attentiveness" is guilt. He did you dirty; cheated and then left you for someone else. He knows he did wrong by you and this is his pathetic attempt at making the sitiation better.

I'm sorry you're hurting. Please stop being "friends" with him and block his number. Not doing so will only hurt you more, which you don't deserve.

Unfortunately you are hoping he dumps his gf, moves out and runs back into your arms committed, in love and faithful forever. After 8 mos of dating and him being on/off with her the entire time, it's best to finally go no contact and delete and block him. No, him prancing into your bar with his gf is not to "help you get over him". No, cheating on you was not to "help you get over him". No, stringing you along with nonsense breadcrumbs is not to "help you get over him". He likes to cheat on you, on her, etc. so he'll stay in touch to keep you hooked as backup.

Got serious with an ex and moved her in within weeks of our breakup he was seeing her behind my back. when i do text him and it's purely platonic and nothing more, he doesnt respond or takes hours and days to respond. I guess my question is, if he's moved on and apparently wants me to do the same, why is he only responsive to "us" type of convos vs the friendly ones with no interior motive?

The friendly texts don't interest him. The ones where you talk about feelings boost his ego. It's a mind f***. Forget him completely and move on. Him now living with an ex tells you all you need to know. Most likely if she finds out about the contact he's going to cut you off anyway.