I need some advice

Stoney

So my girlfriend and i have been together for 8 months now and as of late there has been an issue and im wondering if im over reacting or if this is messed up on her side.

So whenever she has a day off. she barely spends time with me, like she will sit at home and do stuff on her phone and talk to other people but get upset when i try to get her attention. Today (she has done this a few times) she sat there and binge watched shows for hours at a time (ie today she has been watching orange is the new black since 3:00 pm and its 8:40) and i keep trying to see if we could watch a movie or something together (she agreed to watch this movie last night) and she just gets pissed and says she is an adult and will do what she wants and says im doing a control thing cause i get upset and react. Is this just something normal or what cause i honestly feel neglected. I feel that even though we live with each other we should still want to spend time together. Especially since we barely get much time together outside of work.

It sounds as if she is feeling smothered in your relationship. It could be that you push for too much of her time, she may just be the type who needs her alone time, or, unfortunately, it could be a sign of waning interest on her part.

I'd recommend just giving her her space. Go and do your own thing, don't inundate her with texts and calls, and wait for her to suggest getting together the next time.

However, you do have your needs that must be kept in mind. You say you are feeling neglected, so if this continues it may be time to figure out whether you two are compatible in terms of time together vs. alone time.

Who moved in with whom and how long have you lived together? It's way too much too soon and way too smothering. You both need your own lives, your own space, your own friends, your own interests. Plan some date nights and get out of the house more on weekends do things. Find or create common interests. Don't just hang around annoying each other about what's on tv.

So my girlfriend and i have been together for 8 months I feel that even though we live with each other we should still want to spend time together.

Sorry to hear about this. It's very difficult to keep up intimacy in a relationship when one person is putting in the effort to communicate well and the other seems apathetic. It's understandable that she wants rest on a day off, but not at the expense of your relationship. Though it sounds like an old adage, television by nature tends to blur peoples' minds and keep them from spending quality time together, as do phones. Many people in today's smight think that a relationship of tolerance in today's society has become the norm, I commend you for wanting more than that.

Have you honestly confronted her about how her behavior makes you feel? If you make it clear to her how you feel and her attitude about it still doesn't change, is it possible you two could seek counseling about it and look for ways to communicate better? As another poster suggested, it may also help for you two to get out of the house, go walk together, or participate in some kind of event or something active - in my marriage, that's usually where the memories are made. Hoping for the best!