I've been hit with depression today. I tried every coping skill I had. I rested and I also got out of the house.I just feel like things are a mess and I'm not going to make it. I've become overwhelmed with small things. Everything overwhelms. I haven't felt this way for months. I am bipolar and on meds for this but moreso for mania/delusions -- I'm usually a very positive person. I need a pep talk. I cant seem to shake it or give myself a pep talk. (Believe me, I tried) Thanks

Well..... nobody feels happy all the time. So maybe part of this is accepting that some days you will feel down and that's actually OK and normal and you just ride it out.

Of course, you can do some things to try and lift your mood - maybe strenuous cardio type exercise would help more than just resting or getting out of the house for a bit.

In addition to therapy and meds, things like regular exercise, your diet and otherwise keeping yourself busy and productive can help a lot to keep yourself more stable. Putting yourself onto a regular schedule/routine may help in your particular case. Like get up at x time, do this, exercise, write for x amount, take a break and head out to do y, etc. If you feel overwhelmed, then giving yourself more regimented structure and routine might be helpful.

From your other thread, finding something to do that suits you might be a good pursuit to take on.

Archived