Should I apologize? What should I do?

Bungaro

Hey guys! So my 2,5 years Gf broke up with me a few weeks ago, I was her first and she felt she has to experience other dates and stuff. I was pretty needy and made a lot of mistakes after the break up and she went from loving me to I don't want to be with you ever, I don't love you and she wants me to leave her and we werent compatible. (drunk texting, begging, writing to friend, blocking her) So I know it was late but I went NC 2 weeks ago, started to work on myself. I really want to get back with her later, but I feel that I should apologize to her for my post break up behaviour. I love her and I want to fight for her, so should I apologize in the middle of NC? I am working on myself whereas she said the Break up has nothing to do with me, she felt she needed to break up because if not now, than later she will. I will give her the time she needs so what are your advices? How and what should I do? I am loss. Thank you!

Yeah, You must be right! But what if this thing could ruin my future chances?

That's not how we ladies think, OP. This is you grasping at straws and trying to do something - anything - to turn this around. This is relatively normal for a dumpee but it's flawed thinking:

This one thing isn't what caused the relationship to end. Therefore, rectifying this one thing isn't going to somehow change your future prospects. You're pinning your hopes on something that isn't really relevant to the bigger picture.

In short, your apology wouldn't be coming from the right place.

Why would you not block her?

You didn’t want to break up and date and have sex with others. She decided you aren’t the guy she wants to be with. So now she is out dating and playing around with others. She can care less about how you feel, simple as that.

You on the other hand got blindsided by her wanting to date and have sex with other guys. So I asked, why would you not block someone out of your life that could be this? Why would you ever take her back?

Work on yourself and find someone that is ready for a long term relationship.

Do not apologize for something you should do. It was her choice to do what she did. There is nothing to fight for if she doesn’t want to stay.

Like I wrote in your other thread, "Don't contact me" doesn't mean "keep trying to contact me" or "contact me to 'apologize'". It means don't contact me.

I had that happen with an ex. He sent me THIRTEEN messages and I ignored all thirteen, then I blocked him. A year later I just went ahead and unblocked him because I thought he'd certainly moved on by then. The very next day he sent me four more messages! I finally had to tell him in very plain, harsh language to leave me the heck alone. Him continuing to message me did not "increase his chances" with me; it just made me angry that he couldn't even respect this one little request from me, which illustrated he had been in the relationship for his own needs and what I needed or wanted did not matter one bit to him.

Please, please stop looking for any little excuse to contact her.

One poster on here a couple of years ago insisted he must contact his ex because she had left a sock at his place. One sock. Don't be that guy.

It's the weekend! Get out and have some fun with friends and family!

Archived