I will disagree with most of the posters and command you for wanting to do things (whatever you decided you wanted to do) the nice way. The world has become too cruel, showing respect for someone else's feelings a thing of the past. There is no reason to be like that.

Yes, I agree there are lots of red flags. And if you have already decided this is not going to work for you, that's perfectly fine. But I still think you should meet her in person and tell her that you didn't feel the spark/vibes/whatever you call it these days. It's just the polite thing to do, and it doesn't mean you will change your decision - after all, if you're that easily swayed one way or another, then you have bigger problems than this girl.

You control your own life. You don't want anything further to do with her - fine, tell her exactly that. What's the worst that could happen? She can't force you to do anything you don't want to do. But I think it's important to leave the situation with a feeling of peace and of having done the right thing (especially since this seems to be your nature), as you don't know when your paths cross again and why make an enemy, you know?

I will disagree with most of the posters and command you for wanting to do things (whatever you decided you wanted to do) the nice way.

Then you are actually "agreeing" with us as that is what most of us had advised him to do as well.

No one suggested just ghosting, although imo, after only chatting on line one day, I think is perfectly acceptable.

But perhaps in this particular case, since she appears to be so head over heels, I advised him to text her and tell her he didn't feel it was a good fit, and wish her the best. Others did the same (in different words). I do not think a face-to-face is necessary, especially since they had never even met!

Thinking about it, it's actually funny, their first meet/date would be him telling her he doesn't want to date! lol

However, contrary to our advice, he said he would still like to meet her, and was planning to, which is fine and told him so.

He should do whatever HE wants to do, but heed the warning that's all, as her behavior does scream "red flag" but one never knows how these things will play out until they meet in person.

They may not even click in person.

Why won't "she" talk on the phone? Scammers look at social media. Don't meet "her". For all you know you could be robbed by people posing as her from your and her social media info.

We actually have some mutual friends(though I'm not super close with any of them), and have seen each other before, just didn't realize it.

Archived