Having second thoughts about a FWB relationship. He's married

Openmindedgurl

What does it matter if the married person isn't called a home wrecker? They are called cheating douche bags so its six of one and half a dozen of the other.

I think the only time that someone deserves sympathy for falling for a married man (or woman if that's the case) is if they were lied to about the marital status. Otherwise, it was a choice to carry on interacting with someone you (the general you) were becoming attracted to instead of distancing yourself and ending the inappropriate one-on-one or date like activities.

Low self esteem isn't, IMO, a reason to forsake good judgement, personal boundaries or protecting your own emotional well being and that is why I won't paint a person who willingly gets with a married person as a victim.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had no idea for 9mos that he was married. He made me believe that he was a single guy looking for just hook ups with someone. I was just getting out of a 10yr live in relationship.. When I was no longer with my ex . mm and I were talking and I told him I was just going to find someone to have no strings dates with and I didn't want a committed relationship period. After awhile he asked if I wanted to be in a Fwb with him telling me how sexy ,funny and smart I was .He pointed out that we were friends already. I eventually said yes to him. His not telling me that he was married continued for at least 2mos more. I did start liking him a lot I admit it. He has know idea that I felt that way. I think I was in denial about my feelings I mean before he confessed he was married.

I tried to tell him last night that it's a big mistake to go through with our fwb relationship. He texted me back telling me that I'm the only one he wants to have fwb with. And how he wants to have fun in and out of bed with me.

Putting aside the married issue which is the worst factor. He wants to know what I'm doing all the time where I am at and tells me he misses me when I can't text him for awhile .Lots of messages that he's thinking of me. Before he goes to bed he asks for a pic of me so he can sleep better and dream about me ugh. All non Fwb behavior. More like I feel he's obsessed with me and felt like I was getting in deep and into something that might not be a good situation. Way be for the married part came into the picture.

Putting aside the married issue which is the worst factor. He wants to know what I'm doing all the time where I am at and tells me he misses me when I can't text him for awhile .Lots of messages that he's thinking of me. Before he goes to bed he asks for a pic of me so he can sleep better and dream about me ugh. All non Fwb behavior. More like I feel he's obsessed with me and felt like I was getting in deep and into something that might not be a good situation. Way be for the married part came into the picture.

Again, why not just quit interacting with him?? You KNOW it's wrong. This guy is a creep beyond words. He wants nothing but to get in your pants and is making it more than obvious by hounding you to death. He's just disgusting (imo).

Again, all it comes down to is one thing. He is MARRIED. That means you don't go there. Mess with him and you WILL get burned. I'm surprised you even need to think about it. Seriously. Just tell him in no uncertain terms to back the hell off and mean it.

Self-respect.

Oh I could go to his wife right now if I wanted to with proof that he was interested in me. He recently sent me a video telling me what he wanted to do to me. I asked him what if she found out about me? He told me he managed to keep me a secret for a 1yr already and that she would never find out about us. Which means I'm beginning to think he had wanted a physical thing with me all along.

Archived