Ex Reached Out During NC

After 8 weeks of NC, my ex texted me yesterday, saying, "hey bubbles, download this app so I can send you a video message."

We were together 1 year. We broke up because he suddenly felt we were incompatible, although he never mentioned being unhappy or annoyed prior.

Our break up was odd but amicable. I've learned things since doing NC. I'd be hesitant to be with him romantically, but I miss our talks as friends--the ones we had before we were together. I'm in a weird place: I'm attracted to him but I'm at peace with not having him romantically. If I saw him with someone else, if he's happy, ok. I'm not sure why I feel hesitant to answer his message.

You mentioned on another thread that they're a serial dater which may be making you hesitant. Did it fail with someone else? Did it not fail with someone else and there could be the tiny chance they want to flaunt it?

At least for me, I would probably download the app and accept a video message. It might set you back in healing a bit (but you said you feel pretty comfortable otherwise, so how far back could you really go?) Maybe the time has given him a means to organize his thoughts/feelings more and the breakup will seem less odd.

Don't download apps. Are you sure it wasn't a scammer spoofing his number? Weird message and weird that after 8 weeks this was sent rather than some sort of text or social media video message, no? In fact after breaking up it's best to delete and block exes and remain no contact.

After 8 weeks of NC, my ex texted me yesterday, saying, "hey bubbles, download this app so I can send you a video message."
Don't download apps. Are you sure it wasn't a scammer spoofing his number? Weird message and weird that after 8 weeks this was sent rather than some sort of text or social media video message, no? In fact after breaking up it's best to delete and block exes and remain no contact.

i agree with this... you are in a good spot, don't risk it. if someone really has something to say, they should try harder. if you make it easy for them, they won't value it.

know you are worth more!

You mentioned on another thread that they're a serial dater which may be making you hesitant. Did it fail with someone else? Did it not fail with someone else and there could be the tiny chance they want to flaunt it?

At least for me, I would probably download the app and accept a video message. It might set you back in healing a bit (but you said you feel pretty comfortable otherwise, so how far back could you really go?) Maybe the time has given him a means to organize his thoughts/feelings more and the breakup will seem less odd.

He is a serial dater.

I have a hunch that we may have spontaneously broken up because he found someone else then, but it didn't work out. Although he told me during our break up there was no one else, I doubt it. He told me he's never been fully single in years. So I doubt he spontaneously started.

I thought about it. I downloaded the app then uninstalled it. Twice. It's not on my phone anymore. I haven't sent anything either. I figure if I don't have peace about it I shouldn't do it.

I'm 99% sure it's him. The message started out with his petname for me, which I also found odd. A spammer wouldn't know that info.

I do agree he would've tried harder if he actually had something to say

Archived