My Wife and Her New Boss

KnightMan

Update:

I know it's been awhile, but since this virus has got most of us stuck inside, thought I would drop in to post a quick update.

This is going to be kind of tough so please bear with me. I have good news and bad news. I'll start with the bad news first.

Her father passed away from cancer late last year. I took it pretty hard. I actually went to visit him in the nursing home before he passed away. I had no idea he was sick until her mom called and told me he was there. By the time I got down there he couldn't even speak because of the pain medication they had given him. I'm pretty sure he knew who I was, but he could barely keep his eyes open. I just stood over him holding his hand, massaging his forehead, and telling him "I love you dad." I stayed for a couple of hours, gave him a final kiss on the top of his head and left. He died three days later.

I went to the funeral, they even had my name listed on the obituary as his "son in-law." I sat with the family, of course the ex was there, had not seen her in forever. We didn't talk much, she was crying most of the time at the church service and all the way thru the ceremony at the cemetery. We did share a hug and a kiss before I left. She asked me what was she going to do without her dad. I told her to be strong and hang in there because her mom was going to need her now more than ever before.

I haven't seen or talked to her since.

After the divorce we never kept in touch. The funeral was the first time I had even seen or heard her voice in almost a year. I can't tell you what she's been up to or if she has met someone else because I don't know anything about her life anymore. I heard the OM dropped his lawsuit against the company, but I haven't heard anything about him since. I do know his ex has moved on and found someone else. I don't really keep up with any of them anymore because I have moved on as well.

I actually met up with the girl from my fishing trip, things were actually going pretty good for a couple of weeks until her psychotic ex-boyfriend showed up and started stalking her. I thought I was seriously going to have to hurt the guy, he has some serious mental issues. I told her it was too much drama for me and we both went our mutual ways. Then out the blue, I reconnected with an old friend from high school, we started chatting on social media and eventually decided to meet up - the rest is history. We never dated in high school, we were just friends back then, but once we met up in person the sparks flew and we have been seeing each other for the past 6 months - now for the good news -

I can feel my heartbeat again. :D

We are taking it slow because we are both coming off divorces that involved cheating spouses. She's an introvert like me and we have so much in common it's scary. She is simply amazing, she's intelligent, thoughtful, and she has the cutest dimples you have ever seen. We can't stand to be away from each other and you would think we were a couple of high school kids going out on their first date when we do meet up. She has definitely put a smile back on my face and stopped the bleeding in my heart.

My buddy is doing better than ever and I have even made a whole new circle of friends. Life is good and looking better each day.

My new GF and I went shopping to stock me up on supplies before they locked down the city and wouldn't you know it -

Looks like the two of us are going to be stuck here together for quite sometime.

My oh My - what in the world will the two of us do with all this time on our hands? (wink, wink)

Well that's about it folks - I hope all of you and your loved ones are staying safe.

Oh and one more thing : My new heart-throb said she wanted to buy me something to celebrate

our 6 month anniversary of dating and she asked me what would I like.

I smiled and told her she could buy me anything - but whatever you do - don't buy me a watch - lol

Take care everybody!

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your father-in-law. That sounds like it was very difficult.

Glad to hear that you've reconnected with an old friend. I did the same thing.

He and I got stuck together for two weeks without power or hot water, during Hurricane Sandy.

Sailed through.

It's been about 8 years since then, and we're looking forward to the next apocalyptic disaster.

There are a lot of perks to being with a partner that you share part of your history with.

Good luck to you two.

Your update brought me a huge smile. I am so happy for you, Knightman!!

I hope those out there that are going through something similar can find hope that there is recovery and there can be happiness after a betrayal and divorce.

Thank you so much for the update, good news right now is wonderful to have given the circumstances.

Please update again when you can. I am genuinely thrilled for you!

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your father-in-law. That sounds like it was very difficult.

He and I got stuck together for two weeks without power or hot water, during Hurricane Sandy.

Sailed through.

It's been about 8 years since then, and we're looking forward to the next apocalyptic disaster.

There are a lot of perks to being with a partner that you share part of your history with.

Good luck to you two.

Thank you for the kind words - yes it was very difficult - but I think I'm going to be okay

We made a lot of good memories along the way - and thanks again you for all of your replies and support!

Your update brought me a huge smile. I am so happy for you knightman!!

I hope those out there that are going through something similar can find hope that there is recovery and there is happiness after a betrayal and divorce.

Thank you so much for the update, goodnes right now is wonderful to have given the circumstances.

Please update again when you can. I am genuinely thrilled for you!

You are so welcome my good friend!

And thank you for taking time to offer your kind support along the way!

Knight,

Thank you for the update! It is always good to see positive outcomes posted.

You have done well through all this and have now built a life full of friendship and love. I am extremely happy for you.

Remember to always pay it forward, you have experience and knowledge that needs to be shared on here and in your life.

I knew very early on you would be more than just okay when you came out the other end. Be proud of the choices you made and the way you chose to treat your ex.

Lost

Knight,

Thank you for the update! It is always good to see positive outcomes posted.

You have done well through all this and have now built a life full of friendship and love. I am extremely happy for you.

Remember to always pay it forward, you have experience and knowledge that needs to be shared on here and in your life.

I knew very early on you would be more than just okay when you came out the other end. Be proud of the choices you made and the way you chose to treat your ex.

Lost

Thank you my friend!

Your wisdom and kind words had much to do with this positive outcome!

I hope you and your family are well.

Please stay safe and take care!

• 4 weeks later...

Loving her and self respect shouldnt cancel each other out. You love her but shes bored of you. Dump her, her boss more than likley only sees her as a mature fling to sleep with, believe it or not the balls in your court. Join a gym improve your dating level she'll be beggiing for another chance once she realizes her dating value is gone. Remember men age women get old, good hunting!

Loving her and self respect shouldnt cancel each other out. You love her but shes bored of you. Dump her, her boss more than likley only sees her as a mature fling to sleep with, believe it or not the balls in your court. Join a gym improve your dating level she'll be beggiing for another chance once she realizes her dating value is gone. Remember men age women get old, good hunting!

He divorced her last year. It's in the thread.

Update:

I actually met up with the girl from my fishing trip, things were actually going pretty good for a couple of weeks until her psychotic ex-boyfriend showed up and started stalking her. I thought I was seriously going to have to hurt the guy, he has some serious mental issues. I told her it was too much drama for me and we both went our mutual ways. Then out the blue, I reconnected with an old friend from high school, we started chatting on social media and eventually decided to meet up - the rest is history. We never dated in high school, we were just friends back then, but once we met up in person the sparks flew and we have been seeing each other for the past 6 months - now for the good news -

I can feel my heartbeat again. :D

We are taking it slow because we are both coming off divorces that involved cheating spouses. She's an introvert like me and we have so much in common it's scary. She is simply amazing, she's intelligent, thoughtful, and she has the cutest dimples you have ever seen. We can't stand to be away from each other and you would think we were a couple of high school kids going out on their first date when we do meet up. She has definitely put a smile back on my face and stopped the bleeding in my heart.

My buddy is doing better than ever and I have even made a whole new circle of friends. Life is good and looking better each day.

My new GF and I went shopping to stock me up on supplies before they locked down the city and wouldn't you know it -

Looks like the two of us are going to be stuck here together for quite sometime.

My oh My - what in the world will the two of us do with all this time on our hands? (wink, wink)

Well that's about it folks - I hope all of you and your loved ones are staying safe.

Oh and one more thing : My new heart-throb said she wanted to buy me something to celebrate

our 6 month anniversary of dating and she asked me what would I like.

I smiled and told her she could buy me anything - but whatever you do - don't buy me a watch - lol

Take care everybody!

Happy for you Knightman, read your whole thread.

Amazing journey...take care best wishes

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

UPDATE:

Haven't posted in awhile so thought I would write a little update

Things have really been going smooth for me and my new Angel - we've been together a little over a year now - she's moved in and as cheesy as this sounds "she completes me." 🥰  She is one of the most caring and loving souls I have ever met. We are still taking things slow - but I think we may be ready to make this more permanent.

She's simply amazing - hard to believe we spent all that time as classmates - only to fall in love later in life. What I love about our relationship the most is we have both been betrayed and we are both so sensitive to each others needs. She's always checking to make sure my fragile heart is okay. It's so many little things that she does for me to let me know my heart is safe with her and I make sure she gets plenty of attention as well.

We just can't keep our hands off each other 😁

I love that we have so much in common - we spend most of our time just snuggled up on the sofa by the fireplace watching old TV shows and movies. We both want to move this forward - but we haven't set a date yet - maybe sometime before the end of the year.

I went out and visited my EX FIL's grave the other day - I really miss him. Got a letter from the EX - won't go into great detail - it was more of the same apologies and confessions. She's back in therapy and going to school - says she's trying to get her life together and that she may have to put her mom in a convalescent home. I feel bad for her mom - but I honestly felt nothing for my EX - I could not tell if she was being genuine or just playing more games.

I told Angel about the letter - we don't keep any secrets from each other. I asked if she wanted to read it - she just smiled and said she had a better idea and chucked it into the fireplace - I happily concurred.

I also got a little karma news about the OM - apparently the guy was pulled over by the cops and busted with a bunch of Meth in his trunk - he got arrested and they towed his car. I think he made bail - but he's in a lot of trouble!

Oh well - play stupid games - win stupid prizes

My buddy is about to retire from the PI business to spend more time with his family -
We go out together as couples almost every other weekend and have a blast.

Overall I am doing OK - having a great time - loving life - business is still booming -

and my heart is racing again.

Well that's all for now - Thanks again for listening
Stay safe out there.

Great news Knight,

I remember when you landed here this outcome would have been unthinkable at that time but look at you now.

The choices she made lead you here but the choices you made lead you to where you are now.  Happy and healthy.

I am thrilled you have found someone you can trust to share your life with.

Best wishes always.

Lost

On 3/24/2020 at 2:38 PM, Jibralta said:

Sailed through.

@Jibralta that is so heart warming!

@KnightMan I'm happy to hear about your love story. You've grown so much out of it 🙂 I wish you the best.

14 hours ago, lostandhurt said:

Great news Knight,

I remember when you landed here this outcome would have been unthinkable at that time but look at you now.

The choices she made lead you here but the choices you made lead you to where you are now.  Happy and healthy.

I am thrilled you have found someone you can trust to share your life with.

Best wishes always.

Lost

It has been an amazing journey
Your kind words of encouragement and wisdom helped make my happy ending possible!

Thank you my friend -

Wishing you and yours all the best!

Sorry I'm a bit late to the game. But I'm here now!! 🙂

Very happy for you once again, Knight! You have the most wonderful updates and it's truly a joy to see.

There is so much dismal in the world right now, and so many hearts being broken, it's uplifting to read a story that worked out for the good.

It's a ray of hope and sunshine that you take the time to let everyone know that even in the darkest days, things can still turn around and a happy life could still be waiting down the road.

You're a good person, Knight, and your partner sounds like she matches you perfectly.

I truly wish all the joy and love in the world for you both, and that your love will endure for all time.

Sending you my warms wishes, your friend, Sherry. x

Archived