He's over the "honeymoon stage" and I'm not!

Okay so here's my story, trying to keep it short of course.

I'm 22 years old and I'm currently in a relationship with a wonderful man. Of course, as all relationships go, the first year we had together was wonderful. It was what you can safely call "the honeymoon stage" when everything was rainbows and sunshine.

After our one year anniversary, things starting to go downhill. He stopped putting any effort into the relationship, he stopped trying to be romantic, he stopped telling me he loves me, he stopped even wanting to cuddle with me. After sex he used to lie down next to me and tell me how much he loves me and even cuddle with me, and now he simply lies there for a while alone and then gets up and gets dressed. Whenever I ask him why is this happening, he simply replies with " I'm just comfortable enough now to show you how I really want to act".

So I guess my question is, is this okay? I never felt like I was in a honeymoon stage with him, I've always acted exactly the way I am, and I've always been comfortable around him, but he apparently faked all he was in the beginning and now he's showing me how he really is.

Is this normal? How do I deal with it? Do I just respect how he is now and get over it?

Any replies would be of major help x

"I'm just comfortable enough now to show you how I really want to act".

"he apparently faked all he was in the beginning and now he's showing me how he really is."

There you go. You finally found out who he really is. Now is up to you to decide if this is good enough for you.

Morello's absolutely correct. You're not "in a relationship with a wonderful man." You're in a relationship with a narcissistic con man. Kick him to the curb and find someone warm and loving. You're better off being alone and single than being with this jerk.

Imagine him being like that for the rest of your lives. Would you be ok with it? If yes, then it's fine to carry on. If not, then you have a problem. No-one's perfect but the good aspects need to outweigh the bad aspects.