Does my ex want me back?

Astrogirllibra

Me and my ex have been broken up for 4 months. He broke up with me. I went NC for the first month but bc of mutual friends we became cordial again. Then he started inviting me to his house parties indirectly through our mutual friends, trying to get them to talk me into contacting him, and showing up to events he knew I'd be at. Started being very touchy, always hugging and staring from afar. He snap chatted me an invite to his New Year's Eve party so I went shortly, but left due to him being super drunk pacing and acting weird around me. Then a week later he comes out with our coworkers. The whole time he tries making convo with me, and is leaning super close and staring to the point where my friends notice. A few days after that my job has a holiday party. As soon as I arrive he hugs me and follows me around. My friends later told me that before I arrived, he hugged them and tried to make conversation with them (new friends that I made after us breaking up) which I thought was strange. Then all of us go outside for a smoke break, and he brings up one of my instagram stories from the other night when I went out(he watches all of my updates) also thought that was weird. Eventually there's a point where the two of us are alone. He just stares into my eyes with this smile on his face in silence for like 5 minutes. He asks me where I'm going after the party and I tell him I'm going home bc of work the next morning. He says "I'm so sorry" in a joking way, grabs my wrists and pulls me in for a hug which I allowed. He put his hands on my lower back and we just hugged for a bit. Then I pull away, he stares again, I start laughing. He pulls me in towards him by my waist and hugs me again so I ask him if he's leaving. He says no, but he's going to say goodbye again before he leaves. After this happens 2 of his coworkers try to pull me to the side and invite me to an after party (near my ex bfs house), one of the girls going as far as offering to let me crash at her place. Then we all leave, ten minutes later I get a text from my ex "I didn't get to see you before I left :/" so I said "lol it's okay I got dragged to the bar". He tells me "damn come to _____'s party" and I say "I'm gonna go home soon because of work" he says "ok :/". I didn't respond. Then I found a group booth photo from the holiday party today (4 days later) with the group of people I work with, and I notice he's in them as well which is funny because we don't work at the same branch. So I sent him a text of a photo of it and said "😂😂crashed our group photo" he responded 3 minutes later with 3 sunglasses emojis. My question is: do you think he's interested in getting back together even though he hasn't said it? He's very passive and indirect. Also does his response to my text seem uninterested? I didn't respond because it felt like a conversation killer. Just confused by his behavior or what I should do moving forward. Not sure if he was just drunk that night or really misses me. Any insight is appreciated.

Here is a thought. Just ask him.

I'm scared to. I'm afraid he's not ready or will reject me. But I "bumped into" him again on Saturday and he left the ppl he was with at the bar to talk to me for most of the night. He has also started trying to get closer to all of my friends including ones I made after we broke up. Pretty sure I know what he's trying to do just trying to be patient and let him lead.

I'm scared to. I'm afraid he's not ready or will reject me. But I "bumped into" him again on Saturday and he left the ppl he was with at the bar to talk to me for most of the night. He has also started trying to get closer to all of my friends including ones I made after we broke up. Pretty sure I know what he's trying to do just trying to be patient and let him lead.

Its hard to discover new lands when you dont lose sight of the shore.

Just ask him. Unless you like being in limbo.