Should I buy this ring for myself?

Starlight925

IMHO, wearing high quality shoes is important. After breaking my ankle while wearing cheap shoes, I wouldn't go cheap again. (I can't be sure that a different pair of shoes wouldn't have resulted in a break, but maybe it wouldn't have been as bad.) Sorry, off topic!!

The past few years I've spent far more on sneakers for that reason - because I got a referral from a friend who was into fitness -not because it is trendy or "stylish" (although they are beautiful). I live in them basically and only wear actual shoes in the office.

Update: Bought it!!

I just couldn't not buy it! I kept it bookmarked, even screen-shotted the page so I could just view it in photos. So today, I went in and bought it. It's so so so pretty.

And no, I didn't think about the ex with respect to it.

I just thought of it as a nice way for me to move into 2018 with a beautiful piece of jewelry for myself. I have a big event this weekend, so I can't wait to wear it!

Thank you all for your feedback!

Update: Bought it!!

I just couldn't not buy it! I kept it bookmarked, even screen-shotted the page so I could just view it in photos. So today, I went in and bought it. It's so so so pretty.

And no, I didn't think about the ex with respect to it.

I just thought of it as a nice way for me to move into 2018 with a beautiful piece of jewelry for myself. I have a big event this weekend, so I can't wait to wear it!

Thank you all for your feedback!

Woo hoo!!! Enjoy it!!

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, here it says that stone " reflects the energy of the mind and knowledge, stimulating one’s self-confidence and ability to learn and think through complex concepts and ideas. It inspires creativity, increases attention span and helps one achieve perfection in various projects and aspirations....[it] is a stone of peacefulness, calming to the emotions, and ideal for meditation and connecting with spiritual beings...

www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/topaz

A nice gift for oneself, certainly.

Ah, here it says that stone " reflects the energy of the mind and knowledge, stimulating one’s self-confidence and ability to learn and think through complex concepts and ideas. It inspires creativity, increases attention span and helps one achieve perfection in various projects and aspirations....[it] is a stone of peacefulness, calming to the emotions, and ideal for meditation and connecting with spiritual beings...

www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/topaz

A nice gift for oneself, certainly.

Oh, I love this!

There's something about shades of blue that calm me and make me feel at peace, so this is so accurate.

FWIW, I know I started this thread about the fact that I was looking at a similar ring/stone as an engagement ring, but this hasn't inspired any types of feelings towards the ex. The farther away from him I get, the more I grow towards friends, my work, and family. I went to the store to try the ring on, and actually went back to purchase when I was literally in my car to head out of town for a business trip, with first a small visit with family. I don't know, it's like a page has been flipped, and he doesn't even come up anymore in any of the conversations. So, the ring is all me. Thanks so much for all your support! :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived