So confused with my ex

Allbymyself4

So my ex and I broke up about two months ago, and the last time we spoke was three weeks ago. He said that he is not planning on ever getting back together with me and that it doesn’t work between us anymore and that he just wants to move on. I have not texted him since that day, and now he wrote this to me:

"Hi, I just wanted to say that if you still want to meet up to get clarity on things, we can. It is up to you :)"

Why is he suddenly texting me this after saying he doesn’t want me anymore? I am so confused..

Sounds to me like the holidays have gotten to him and he is feeling very lonely, and probably reminiscing back on your relationship with him. Why did you split up?

I think he has probably been expecting to hear from you. He hurt you, ended the relationship with you, and assumed you would probably be falling at his feet begging for his love. I swear this is how a lot of men think. Now that he hasn't heard from you in weeks he is at peak interest and probably wants to see if he can reel you back in.

I think his intentions are very self-motivated and have little to do with making YOU feel better/giving clarity. Proceed with caution. You will handle the situation however you deem fit but I would be careful with how open you are to him. Remember he chose to leave, said you will never get back together etc. This is a tale as old as time, they always come around, but do you want to succumb to what he wants?

You are so right and I know it. I was thinking the same and I know that his intentions aren’t good. If you check my very first post here, I have written all about the breakup.

The thing is, I really want to meet him, just to hear what he has to say. I also have a lot to say to him about the whole thing. It may be stupid to even say Yes to meeting up, But I know that if I don’t do it, I will be the one asking him to meet up in a few weeks or months

You are probably right.. I think I want clarity because he never gave it to me, he never gave a good reason on Why we broke up and never explained himself good enough. Now I finally have the chance to hear him out and to say all the things that I have wanted to say to him

If you want to know how and Why we broke up, I wrote about it in my very first post here

You are probably right.. I think I want clarity because he never gave it to me, he never gave a good reason on Why we broke up and never explained himself good enough. Now I finally have the chance to hear him out and to say all the things that I have wanted to say to him

If you want to know how and Why we broke up, I wrote about it in my very first post here

No way! He most likely won't even be honest with you.

He's not liking the fact you have been leaving him alone.

He will suck you back in, hold you in his comfort zone, and still not be with you.

The best thing to do is not reply. He would be moving mountains to get to you if he was sincere.

I did as you suggested and went back and read your very first post. My opinion is that he is playing with your feelings. It seems as though he as made a habit or game out of doing so. Please move forward in your life. I agree with SweetGirl if he was sincere he would move mountains.

ALlbymyself. Since reading your post, I read back an entry from my private journal from when I first came here a number of years back. I was so devastated by the breakup which got me here to ENA. I had posted what my ex said to me at the breakup. He had been keeping me in limbo for a while - probably until he got confident he had found my replacement. Anyway, he had said at the breakup that he wanted to catch up with me every couple of months to see how I was going. IM so glad that after a couple of months, I didn't stay in contact. Things didn't work out for him that first year, and he just wanted dot keep me on a string for if he got bored. Min certain too that he needed to keep someone in the picture who he thought adored him. Very sick ego. These types of people are very very selfish, and have nothing REAL to offer others.

Archived