Have our smilies vanished?

There are some compatibility issues going forward with the AMP version of enotalone. For the last two weeks or so we are in a process of adopting enotalone to AMP specifications and there is no easy way to fix the smileys and make them automatically compatible with AMP requirements. Some that work are still there, the rest was removed. I hope to be able to find a solution to this because I agree that smileys are important in expressing emotions, thoughts in posts sometimes. Sorry :icon_sad:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I am sorry, I don't have a solution for this that would work across all platforms enotalone provides its forum. Vbulletin is aging software, I am not much impressed with newer players too. But in any event sometimes I miss the good old days when there was one forum interface to support and work on. These days we have a separate version for desktop, mobile, amp, ios and android platforms and some of the features cause issues with other platforms.

• 2 months later...
As mentioned in a previous post here, at some point, I thought we we're going to get back our old smileys?

There's still only nine available to me. :icon_sad:

Tu

Lester I merged your post with an existing thread on this topic. Please see my last post in this thread, it describes the nature and scale of the problem.

Oh, I understand now and feel your pain. To a lesser extent we've been going through this at my workplace. Not a pretty picture. :icon_sad:

Now that I know, I'll get by, and who knows maybe it's for the better.

There really is too much of good thing going on.

I see the real solution in gradually moving the entire website to unicode and ut8. Many part of ENA already use utf8, but for the forum it is not that easy.

Once that is accomplished I think instead of smileys we should start using emoji standards which are native to unicode. In fact many of the emojis will work here right now too if you know how to insert them manually. Moreover, they will work across all ENA platforms; desktop, mobile, amp, android & ios app.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I am sorry, I don't have an update for you. To be honest, this is a very small issue for me personally.

I guess it is a bigger issue for me. I don't enjoy this forum nearly as much without the ability to insert a smiley. Guess I just will give up.