EX's mother sent me a Christmas Text

So me and my girlfriend split up around a month ago and since then I've had little communication with her mother as she'd text me from time to time asking how I've got on.

Now that I'm slowly starting to move on her mum randomly text me today hoping that I was doing okay and that me and my family have a lovely Christmas and that she hopes 2018 is a good year for me. Her mum was nothing but lovely and she looked after me so well. I'm only 18 years of age btw so she did alot for me.

I'm not sure whether to reply or what to say because I figure she might tell my ex or something and I don't want it as if I'm trying to hang on and be messaging her family.

Any help :/?

Hello Sam,

Well done with the moving on progress made so far. How long were you together?

I am 10 weeks split with gf of 3 years (NC for over a month now).. I got on great with her family and I received a x-mas card from them yesterday.

It's a nice thing to do, but I won't reciprocate. I guess it's your personal choice, but I doubt they would hold it against you if you didn't, to help you keep moving on.

her mum randomly text me today hoping that I was doing okay and that me and my family have a lovely Christmas and that she hopes 2018 is a good year for me.

I'm not sure whether to reply or what to say

A simple courteous reply of: ..."Thank you. I wish you a Merry Christmas too." That should suffice.

Hello Sam,

Well done on the moving on progress made so far. How long were you together?

I am 10 weeks split with gf of 3 years (NC for over a month now).. I got on great with her family and I received a x-mas card from them yesterday.

It's a nice thing to do, but I won't reciprocate. I guess it's your personal choice, but I doubt they would hold it against you if you didn't, to help you keep moving on.

Hey, we was together for around 2 years.

https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544904&p=6927114#post6927114

^ She moved on after three weeks with one om my close friends.

I have my read messages turned on so her mother will know that I've seen the text and I don't want to be seen as ignorant.

This is weird. Does she not like her daughter?

I suppose you could be respectful and keep it simple, like "I'm fine, thank you.

I wish the same to you and your family. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year."

Don't ask about your ex, and don't get into any conversation about it.

My first ex and I were together from when I was 16-22. He was tight with my family.

He continued to be in their lives, I knew they were pushing for us to get back together, and I resented it

for a while. We are really good friends now, but it's annoying AF to have family keep in contact.

If you don't want her contacting you, you can ignore it and hope she stops. But I don't think you'll do that.

Hey, we was together for around 2 years.

https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544904&p=6927114#post6927114

^ She moved on after three weeks with one om my close friends.

I have my read messages turned on so her mother will know that I've seen the text and I don't want to be seen as ignorant.

Sorry to hear that buddy..I feel your pain.

Keep moving on and don't look back.

This is weird. Does she not like her daughter?

I suppose you could be respectful and keep it simple, like "I'm fine, thank you.

I wish the same to you and your family. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year."

Don't ask about your ex, and don't get into any conversation about it.

My first ex and I were together from when I was 16-22. He was tight with my family.

He continued to be in their lives, I knew they were pushing for us to get back together, and I resented it

for a while. We are really good friends now, but it's annoying AF to have family keep in contact.

If you don't want her contacting you, you can ignore it and hope she stops. But I don't think you'll do that.

Exactly my point! I don't think she's purposely doing anything to push anything but I know she's just genuine enough to message me because I was apart of her daughters life. I'm not sure if she knows that my EX has moved on and is dating my friend after a month of us splitting up so maybe she's oblivious.

Exactly my point! I don't think she's purposely doing anything to push anything but I know she's just genuine enough to message me because I was apart of her daughters life. I'm not sure if she knows that my EX has moved on and is dating my friend after a month of us splitting up so maybe she's oblivious.

It's interesting you say that.. my ex kept her new guy a "secret" for over a month.. her family said they had no idea about him as it all started behind my back.

Again, a simple "thank you, same to you" will suffice.

I sincerely doubt your ex's mom has any kind of ulterior motive in messaging you. She's probably just a nice person who likes you. Nothing more complex than that.

Don't assign more meaning than it has. Like they say, it is what it is.

It's interesting you say that.. my ex kept her new guy a "secret" for over a month.. her family said they had no idea about him as it all started behind my back.

Yeah, when I saw the text though it sort of upset me because I spent Christmas at their house last year so was a little kick in the stomach.

Perhaps her parents don't know? I think she does as all of her siblings know. But her mother is the type of woman to still text me and see if I'm okay even if her new boyfriend is the most amazing person ever; which is good.

Well on the bright side, you must have been pretty respectful to her daughter for the mom to still

care for you. That's a nice reflection on you :)

So me and my girlfriend split up around a month ago and since then I've had little communication with her mother as she'd text me from time to time asking how I've got on.

Now that I'm slowly starting to move on her mum randomly text me today hoping that I was doing okay and that me and my family have a lovely Christmas and that she hopes 2018 is a good year for me. Her mum was nothing but lovely and she looked after me so well. I'm only 18 years of age btw so she did alot for me.

I'm not sure whether to reply or what to say because I figure she might tell my ex or something and I don't want it as if I'm trying to hang on and be messaging her family.

Any help :/?

It's thoughtful and kind of her to care for you, however a bit of a betrayal to her own daughter and it's not allowing you to move on and heal. She's a grown woman, she should understand that young love is fragile and have enough maturity to mind her own business. You will get through this, I know you will.

Archived