So lonely this Christmas..

I feell like i am loosing my live in boyfriend due to depression...when he is home i feell like he is not there. ..just watching movies and withdrawn from me. ...i know he is going through a lot and deep in his heart loves me but we loosing companionship...and Christmas is here ...i don't want to loose our love...i m just drained to at times

If he is continually acting withdrawn and you are not being intimate with eachother I would push him to see a doctor and perhaps get some help. It is a tricky subject if someone you love is struggling with mental illness but his depression and lack of connection will send you into a negative mindset just as quickly. It is already leaving you drained. I would of course want to support and help my partner through tough times but if he was always denying me affection or being distant 24/7 I don't think I could handle it forever and would want to push him into getting the right help whether it be counselling or even medication for depression.

If he is continually acting withdrawn and you are not being intimate with eachother I would push him to see a doctor and perhaps get some help. It is a tricky subject if someone you love is struggling with mental illness but his depression and lack of connection will send you into a negative mindset just as quickly. It is already leaving you drained. I would of course want to support and help my partner through tough times but if he was always denying me affection or being distant 24/7 I don't think I could handle it forever and would want to push him into getting the right help whether it be counselling or even medication for depression.

He is already going through alcohol recovery counseling and anger management...never violent with me in past 3 years ..i will tell him after finishes one of the programs

That's tough, will he let you plan surprises for him? If he's depressed try to plan something you know he likes such as going to the movies and see if that helps you two reconnect.[/quote.

Things been tough all the way but we had some beautiful times too .I know deep in his heart he loves me.Things got tougher with extra classes during weekend...he has me still as his girlfriend on Facebook...i ll try movie or football tickets sometimes ]

I feell like i am loosing my live in boyfriend due to depression...when he is home i feell like he is not there. ..just watching movies and withdrawn from me. ...i know he is going through a lot and deep in his heart loves me but we loosing companionship...and Christmas is here ...i don't want to loose our love...i m just drained to at times

I would try to get him professional help, if he refuses that, you may need to consider moving on. I know how hard it is to leave someone you love, but you deserve way better and man who will make you feel loved. Def not worth your time, I dealt w/guys who were w/drawn and didn't suffer from depression and that hurt me a lot.

That's tough, will he let you plan surprises for him? If he's depressed try to plan something you know he likes such as going to the movies and see if that helps you two reconnect.

He does suffer from it.. The only thing is attached to is his little dogs and his antuque figures collection

Archived