1st date - am I reading into this correctly?

Broomwood

I had a 1st date with a guy yesterday. He's my type, and I liked him. We had a short date due to his meeting his daughter straight after.

We had a great conversation, and he seemed engaged and interested. So was I. He pulled himself close to me once or twice, first to check the amount of make up I had on (little), second to check what height I was, and if I had hills on. We had a bit of banter at the end. Partying he just said, "bye, see you".

Today he texts me, "hi, I assume you got home safe. So what do you think? A first date goes so quickly!". I replied trying to be both honest and funny, "the gentleman was attractive and enjoyable to talk to with enigmatic, snug happiness about him". He, "what do you mean by snug?" Me, "I enjoyed talking to you, and had a good time. I don't know what else to say", He, "Ah - snug usually means a more negative thing". I'm getting turned off by this convo. He doesn't seem that interested or else he'd have suggested we meet again. And I don't understand why he started this conversation in the first place. So I am inclined to just stop responding. If he wants to take it further, he will.

What do you guys think?

Seems to me like he is looking for a green light from you to ask for another date. Meaning that he is either very uncertain of your interest level in him or he is super insecure and is looking for validation.

I mean either clue him in that you'd like to see him again or don't, if you don't want to. If you stop talking, no he isn't going to jump in with another date offer because when you don't respond, you are telling him loud and clear that you aren't interested in him.

Thank you very much for your responses, lovely people.

I also found his responses very odd. But in fact took the time and went back to our initial conversation on the app. I remember being turned off by his extreme form of questioning, dissecting and doubting everything I said with regards to our compatibility. He almost fell out his tree to my remark that I thought he and I were compatible. He asked me three hundred minutia questions, and I remember being turned off by that. But we didn't talk about that nonsense for a week before the date, and on the date I liked him. So.. he's just a nut, but not insecure in any way, on the contrary very secure.

I have decided not to respond to him. He gets on my nerves.

He checked how much make up you were wearing? And your height?

That would turn me off. He's getting close to inspect you. That's... well not my cup of tea.

Exactly, Rosephase! It was communicated in a joking manner, but given what I just wrote below, it fits perfectly the description of a maniac on a mission to find a 1000% compatible soul partner with guarantees and assuredness from God. I am turned off.

He checked how much make up you were wearing? And your height?

That would turn me off. He's getting close to inspect you. That's... well not my cup of tea.

Agreed, that would be a red flag for me! Checking how much make up I wear???? That’s unheard of.

Anyway it did sound like he was looking for a green light from you to ask you out on a second date, however I’d stay clear of this dude he sounds like he has the potential to be controlling.

Archived