Is being straightforward a good thing or bad?

unattached

This girl I like cancelled again. I’m a bit annoyed at this point. But here’s my question is it needy or just pathetic for me to just flat out ask her why she keeps canceling our plans? Not just my plans but her plans as well

It's pointless. She has indicated through her actions that she is not interested but she is afraid to tell it to your face. She is conflict avoidant. If you need to ask do so but all you would likely get would be a lame excuse that she is busy. Most people will not tell you flat out that they are not interested. In reality, you have all the data you need to move on. It's written all over her actions.

Sorry she's doing this. Are you more invested in this as she is? Stop asking her out and hang back on contact until she comes to you.

This girl I like cancelled again. I’m a bit annoyed at this point. But here’s my question is it needy or just pathetic for me to just flat out ask her why she keeps canceling our plans? Not just my plans but her plans as well

You ask if you should ask her why she keeps cancelling. Did she not give you reasons why when she couldn't make it?

I agree that you should stop contacting her altogether because it appears that she's not interested. It is clear that she doesn't have time to date if you'd rather look at it that way rather then as a rejection.

Being needy by asking her why she keeps cancelling? I think it's needy to let yourself be cancelled on over and over and not cut things off. I mean, how often are you going to allow yourself to be ditched before you make a stand? To not make a stand is to say that you're so needy for that person that you'll let them disrespect you. THAT is needy.

Personally, unless there is a good reason... and I mean a really good reason... I would not give such a person another chance if they're ditching two dates in a row this early on.

Archived