Am I being too sensitive about this?

fixyou_

.....Sooo you are creating all this drama about a stock photo......think about it OP...... there is being sensitive and then there is picking an intentional fight.....

As for the cake, it doesn't matter if it took you three days to make it or 30 minutes. Either it's good or it isn't. You don't get points just for working hard.

Making anything vegan is difficult regardless. I picked the cake because it looked good and I can’t usually have things with hazelnuts because it will contain milk.

I’m not done with the cake... it’s neither good nor not good... wasn’t picking a fight. I let it go with him but came on here to vent about it.

Ah well then vent away....and state so in your OP...lol.... we support venting and in that case your bf is just sooo wrong....lol..... No seriously, it's all good. I hope your cake turns out fabulous and everything you hope it to be.

A friend of mine looooves baking and cooking at large. There is a fabulous cake that she makes, but it takes three (yes three) days to make it. Well one time something went very very very wrong and it was like a lead brick. We joke about it to this day. Of course she went back to making this divine cake and we all love it. Point is that when you cook/bake, things will happen and you've just got to laugh about it and not take it too seriously. As for guys....I mean come on.....you know the joke "men are like fish, when they open their mouth they get in trouble."

Yall blindsided by an ugly cake picture...

-

How did it come about that he told you you should find something new to occupy yourself with?

He likes video games and I give him space to do so, so he suggested I find something similar rather than waiting around for him to be done lol. Sometimes I’ll take a nap. I’ve always read, I’ll watch tv, follow blogs, do coupons.... and cook or bake.

Ah well then vent away....and state so in your OP...lol.... we support venting and in that case your bf is just sooo wrong....lol..... No seriously, it's all good. I hope your cake turns out fabulous and everything you hope it to be.

A friend of mine looooves baking and cooking at large. There is a fabulous cake that she makes, but it takes three (yes three) days to make it. Well one time something went very very very wrong and it was like a lead brick. We joke about it to this day. Of course she went back to making this divine cake and we all love it. Point is that when you cook/bake, things will happen and you've just got to laugh about it and not take it too seriously. As for guys....I mean come on.....you know the joke "men are like fish, when they open their mouth they get in trouble."

Lol Thanks

He likes video games and I give him space to do so, so he suggested I find something similar rather than waiting around for him to be done lol. Sometimes I’ll take a nap. I’ve always read, I’ll watch tv, follow blogs, do coupons.... and cook or bake.

So this doesn't make any sense to me. It sounded from your first post that he wanted you to actually have a hobby where you learned something new, a new skill, developed a talent, followed up on a passion. Now it sounds like he doesn't really have your best interests at heart -he simply wants you to stop annoying him because he wants to play video games on his own. Something similar would be something passive and escapist, not an active hobby.

Here's what I would do. If he wants to play video games do not wait around. Leave or at least go to another room or clean or whatever you feel like doing. Tell him that he can call you when he's done and if you're free you can do something together -whether it's an activity or watching a show. Get out there and if you don't want to socialize, just go for a brisk walk, go shopping, go do volunteer work -but do not wait around for him to be done playing video games -and do that for yourself not because he thinks you should get a hobby -if he wants to be self-absorbed there's no reason to bask in his glow of self-absorption.

(and if it's just once in awhile, fine -but it sounds like it's far more than that)

You asked in your original post if you were being oversensitive. The overwhelming majority votes 'yes' in this specific instance. Then you changed it to saying you just wanted to vent.

Well, vent away, but I think you're making a mountain out of a hazelnut molehill.

Whenever you are in a dispute in a relationship just ask yourself "is this the hill I want to die on"?

Archived