Missed opportunity

AlexIsok12

So, I was hoping to get some advice here. Before I started dating my ex, a really cute girl that I went to school with asked me out, the first time I couldn't and never got back to her, the second time she asked me, I was already dating my ex and never replied.

I feel really bad, because looking back on it, I wish I had taken the opportunity. And that I may have already blown my chance, but I did reach out to here and apologized for blowing her off. Any advice here? She hasn't responded and I feel really bad, but would love to get a drink with her. I did say in the message I would love to grab a drink.

No response yet, I just hope she doesn't see me as a jerk, and I have completely lost my chance.

Hey, these kinds of things happen, right? It makes sense if she does not respond, and it makes sense if she does respond.

Remember, the feeling you are feeling right now is exactly what she went through when you didn't respond.

BUT, you apologized, and you got back to her. Both things that are commendable. Either way, you'll be fine -- worst case scenario your ego is a little bruised but you move on.

She may respond, or she may not. Either way, kudos to you for apologizing.

Did you not reply to her or basically ignore her on two occasions?

If I were in her shoes, there would definitely be reluctance on my part if a guy ignored me after I asked them out. It takes a lot of courage for most people to ask someone out, so your lack of response may have influenced her impression of you.

Give her some time to absorb you having contacted her. Be prepared for the possibility that she might not respond. If this is the case, at least you know you tried.

You treated her as an option and now that she's your only option you suddenly feel bad about your lack of a response.

Im saying his with respect, leave her be. Your interest in her is low at best and the odds of you hurting her are probably high. Seriously, let her find someone who actually wants her and not someone on the rebound, which you most deffinetely are.

You treated her as an option and now that she's your only option you suddenly feel bad about your lack of a response.

Im saying his with respect, leave her be. Your interest in her is low at best and the odds of you hurting her are probably high. Seriously, let her find someone who actually wants her and not someone on the rebound, which you most deffinetely are.

I disagree here. As, she is not a rebound, as I was only dating my ex for a month. And regretted it the whole time. I had almost every intention of going out for a drink. My only grip is I didn't take it sooner. I am not looking for a rebound, I would have chosen her first, things just moved fast.

She may respond, or she may not. Either way, kudos to you for apologizing.

Did you not reply to her or basically ignore her on two occasions?

If I were in her shoes, there would definitely be reluctance on my part if a guy ignored me after I asked them out. It takes a lot of courage for most people to ask someone out, so your lack of response may have influenced her impression of you.

Give her some time to absorb you having contacted her. Be prepared for the possibility that she might not respond. If this is the case, at least you know you tried.

The first time, I told her I would get back to her, as I would have need to find a babysitter for my little man, and things just got in the way. The second time, yes I did ignore here.

I think you lost any chance you had with her by not getting back to her after the first time she asked you out, and then completely ignoring her the second time.

Don’t ever burn bridges by ignoring a girl especially after she asked out, or ever.

That is so rude - not quite sure what you were thinking there tbh.

Even though you were hot and heavy with that other chick, you had no idea how that was gonna play out, so next time this happens tell the first girl you’ve got a zillion things going on right now, but would like to keep her number for the future. Or something else, DON'T just ignore.

As it stands now you blew her off TWICE. So I wouldn’t be holding my breath.

Lesson learned – DON’T BURN BRIDGES.

Archived