I just don't know what to think

Awazm

Hey guys. So I have been with my now ex for 19 months. We recently got into a fight, and are now on a break. The fight was pretty heated, with both sides throwing some jabs. She said she still loves me, that she wants to work through it, but she wants the break. I wanted no communication but she said she still wants to be friends. We have hung out and it almost seemed like nothing happened, she even was touching me and holding me intimately at times. She wants to "work on herself" for a month, and we have agreed to not see other people. I do want her back, but I don't know what to do. I don't want to come off a certain way and text her, but I still want her to know I want her on my life. What does this break mean? What do you guys think is happening?

I guess my personal take is that you either work through issues within the context of the relationship or you simply break up. There are no breaks in relationships as such and I wouldn't agree to any breaks myself. As for what is happening between you and her, I think you need to talk to her and ask and also be sure that you know what you want and ask for it. Obviously, whatever lead up to such a heated fight needs to be fixed if that is even possible. If not, then you two need to part ways and not play games of keeping each other on hold.

Archived