My Anxiety and How it affects my loved ones

hanabee

I have horrible anxiety. Especially with the hurricane in Puerto Rico. My boyfriend has family there and we are suppose to visit in October. My anxiety has gone hay wired and my mind has jumped to worst case scenarios. That’s how my brain works, it jumps to the worst case so I can plan and prep for it. While I’m doing all of this I can see that I’ve cause him to go from calm to worrisome panic because of my behavior. I’m stricken with guilt but I’ve been able to help him feel better. Seeing him feel better made me feel better too. But now the worry is back and it just clouds my mind with these dark thoughts that it’s gonna be horrible. I can’t shut it off. I want to. I try to distract myself but it just keeps going back to it. It’s like the older I get the more I’m anxiety ridden. I stress about a scenario that hasn’t happened for the fear it will happen. I rack my brain in this stress and it’s all in my mind. I know it is.... I know what’s happening but I can’t stop this boiling feeling in my gut that attacks my chest. My heart just beats much faster and I need to get a solution or else I’ll burst. I don’t want to be medicated but I just really don’t know how I can keep my anxiety in check.

Why don't you want to be medicated? Your life is unmanageable now and you are fortunate enough to live in a time when there are medications and therapies to help you cope with something that is ruining your life. You need to contact a doctor and start taking care of this, your life is not working and people you don't know on an internet board are not going to be able to solve your problem. Anxiety is a BIG problem and that is why people seek professional help for it.

When did the anxiety begin, is it recent or can you trace it back any particular event or time in your life?

Who is it better or worse with?

It started after college for me. I took on my own responsibilities and in fear that I don’t get things done correctly I started planning out things. It took a hold of me to the point where if I don’t have a plan b,c, d I can’t be calm. I plan my reactions out so that I can’t be caught off guard. I’m constantly in a state of fear that something bad will happen if I don’t plan things out accordingly. It gets super exhausting.

Why don't you want to be medicated? Your life is unmanageable now and you are fortunate enough to live in a time when there are medications and therapies to help you cope with something that is ruining your life. You need to contact a doctor and start taking care of this, your life is not working and people you don't know on an internet board are not going to be able to solve your problem. Anxiety is a BIG problem and that is why people seek professional help for it.

I just keep thinking that I can manage it but as time progress it’s getting worst and worst. I think I will probably need to go see a doctor.

Archived