What music do you guys listen to when broken hearted???

Rjw716

Do you listen to sad stuff that makes you feel like you are not alone and someone understands your pain? Or do you listen to motivational stuff or stuff to get you pumped and feeling good about yourself? So far i have found that a combination of the two work best for me. Just wanted to hear some opinions, its good to actually talk about something other being stressed/depressed w the people on hear. So what works best for u guys? Any specific songs or artists? Thanks and have a great night

Knock it off. Quit doing laps in your own pity pool. She is just one of many girls you will date. Have you talked to your parents?

Wow...no need to be harsh. You don't need to be cruel and put other people down who are already going through a rough time, especially if they're not asking for your opinion. You may think you're being helpful but comments like these are not constructive at all. Sure, there is such a thing as "tough love" but there's also compassion. Telling someone to quit doing laps in their pity pool is insensitive and unnecessary, and frankly, borderline bullying.

Wow...no need to be harsh. You don't need to be cruel and put other people down who are already going through a rough time, especially if they're not asking for your opinion. You may think you're being helpful but comments like these are not constructive at all. Sure, there is such a thing as "tough love" but there's also compassion. Telling someone to quit doing laps in their pity pool is insensitive and unnecessary, and frankly, borderline bullying.

I get what you are saying, and it is tough l know. but on the flip side have you read every single thread or post that the OP has started or replied to? There are 16 or 17 threads and my reply is not based solely on this one post. I understand that heartbreaks are hard and they hurt, I get it. He is 16, she is 15. Time to just let it go.

I get what you are saying, and it is tough l know. but on the flip side have you read every single thread or post that the OP has started or replied to? There are 16 or 17 threads and my reply is not based solely on this one post. I understand that heartbreaks are hard and they hurt, I get it. He is 16, she is 15. Time to just let it go.

Different people have a different way of recovering. If posting 16 threads about a breakup aids in that recovery process, then so be it. Last I checked, as long as posters are not trolling, you're allowed to post as many threads as you want to talk about what you're going through. Heck, the other day I thought about killing myself and posting here made me rethink that thought and calmned me down.

15 or 16...so what? I bet that's what the adults were thinking before those high school kids committed suicide: "oh, it's fine, you're just a kid, it'll pass..."

My point is that, people ought to be cognizant about whether what they'll post is actually constructive and helpful. If not, some comments are best left unsaid, and a thread, ignored. People come here for support, not to be told they're doing laps in their pity party.

Different people have a different way of recovering. If posting 16 threads about a breakup aids in that recovery process, then so be it. Last I checked, as long as posters are not trolling, you're allowed to post as many threads as you want to talk about what you're going through. Heck, the other day I thought about killing myself and posting here made me rethink that thought and calmned me down.

15 or 16...so what? I bet that's what the adults were thinking before those high school kids committed suicide: "oh, it's fine, you're just a kid, it'll pass..."

My point is that, people ought to be cognizant about whether what they'll post is actually constructive and helpful. If not, some comments are best left unsaid, and a thread, ignored. People come here for support, not to be told they're doing laps in their pity party.

Killing yourself over a girl or guy does no good to anyone. Your X wont care and the only people that suffer are your family. Plus, ending your life seems like it is an easy way out and never a good option. If you are that point, you should be seeking professional help so you can talk to someone about your feelings. Seen it happen far too many times and seen the act of suicide a few times in my life. Its never pretty and unfortunate that the individual thought that taking their own life is a last resort.

Some people need and react favorably to coddling, some need to be told to knock it off and stand up. There is plenty of coddling going on on this site and if that is what helps them, great, glad it works. Sometimes hearing the truth is what works. Harsh as it may be, sometimes the best way to see the truth is to be harsh. You are going to get various opinions and views.

Perhaps coddling works for you. Maybe someone patting you on the head saying everything is okay would work for you. Maybe someone giving you false hope works for you. Oh, your X will come back Im sure of it can give you hope. You are the only person that knows what works for you. But its nice to have various veiw points. BTW.. you should never let a break up get the best of you.

Archived