Loss of my dog today

Rollergirl13

Today I had to put my little dog Brownie to rest due to end stage kidney failure. He was an 11 year old miniature poodle. My chest feels hollow like someone ripped my heart out. I have another little dog that I also love dearly but Brownie and I had a soul connection. I have no children and I'm recently divorced and living in a new state. I work from home and he was by my side everyday. How can I even begin to recover from this terrible loss? Brownie was so much more than a pet. He was my child, my support, my protector, my companion and my love. Please help me.

I'm so sorry for your loss, rollergirl. When my family had to put down our two pets (who I grew-up with), it was extremely difficult. I knew losing them would be tough, but the gravity of the loss didn't hit me until it actually happened.

I know you don't want to hear this, but in time, you will feel better. Touch base with friends and family and keep yourself busy.

Use this forum to vent as well, because we're here too if you need us!

I am so sorry for this devastating loss! I truly understand how you feel and it is so hard to get through. Pets, to me, are part of the family. I've had beloved birds, (cockatiels and parakeets) and kitties and doggies. It is so hard to lose such a trusted and beloved friend, it's like cutting off an arm.

It's hard, but you have to go through the grieving process and that takes months and years. Truly, you don't get over it, you just learn to get through it. Especially when you have that soul connection......with a sweet doggie, who seriously can teach us all a thing or two about unconditional love.....it's hard to get through this loss. I'm so sorry for you, but I feel grateful to the Universe that your beloved pet had you as his beloved owner. He truly had a wonderful life, thanks to you. I hope you can find some comfort in that. I'm sending all my healing energy to you, and prayers. (hugs)

Sorry. I lost a pet a few years back and it was awful. Honestly the saddest moment of my life so far. We bond with our pets and it is so good and healthy to live deeply. They make of days brighter and grieving is very natural. Allow yourself to grieve and you will pass the through the pain and arrive at fond memories in time. I still miss my pet--- a few tears just typing that! But I am not heartbroken anymore. 💚

• 2 weeks later...
I am so sorry for this devastating loss! I truly understand how you feel and it is so hard to get through. Pets, to me, are part of the family. I've had beloved birds, (cockatiels and parakeets) and kitties and doggies. It is so hard to lose such a trusted and beloved friend, it's like cutting off an arm.

It's hard, but you have to go through the grieving process and that takes months and years. Truly, you don't get over it, you just learn to get through it. Especially when you have that soul connection......with a sweet doggie, who seriously can teach us all a thing or two about unconditional love.....it's hard to get through this loss. I'm so sorry for you, but I feel grateful to the Universe that your beloved pet had you as his beloved owner. He truly had a wonderful life, thanks to you. I hope you can find some comfort in that. I'm sending all my healing energy to you, and prayers. (hugs)

Thank you for all of your kind words and yes my pups have taught me so much. I want to be better because of them.

Sorry. I lost a pet a few years back and it was awful. Honestly the saddest moment of my life so far. We bond with our pets and it is so good and healthy to live deeply. They make of days brighter and grieving is very natural. Allow yourself to grieve and you will pass the through the pain and arrive at fond memories in time. I still miss my pet--- a few tears just typing that! But I am not heartbroken anymore.

Thank you for sharing.

Its been a week and the pain is not nearly as bad but I miss him so much already. Looking at his little collar is the hardest. His smell is still on his blanket and I looked at his ashes today. It's the closest I can get to him. I'm giving my other little dog double the love now. She is also very sick but I hope she will hang on for a bit. I can't take another loss like this right now.

Archived