New to the city, by don't know many people...

milly007

Does anyone have any ideas on how to meet new people?

I moved to a very large city about a year ago, and although I know a couple of people here, I really want to expand my social circle.

Also, any advice that someone can provide because they've been in a situation like this would be super appreciated.

I go out with friends every now and then, but some are too tired to head out on a weekend after a crazy work week, or are pursuing other interests, and I schedule the occasional meet-up with a guy I've met online (although I try and schedule these meets Monday through Friday after work), but it isn't enough. I want to get the most out of this amazing city (particularly while I'm young and single), and can't do that from home.

Any advice? Tips? Relatable experiences?

Although I cherish my quiet time, I do feel pretty lonely at times.

I should note that my job consumes a ton of my time Monday through Friday as well, but I want to make time for other things.

Thanks in advance.

Yes I agree with j.man

meetup.com, volunteering, checking out your neighbourhood. Also groups on facebook relevant to you (for example Germans in New York, nurses in New York, young and single etc) or you can even create a group! Have a look at your events on facebook too or is there a site that states events? We have one called Eventribe here.

Apart from that I'd also suggest you saying to people that you meet and like 'I am new to the city and really want to expand my circle, call me up if you want to hang out'

Yes I agree with j.man

meetup.com, volunteering, checking out your neighbourhood. Also groups on facebook relevant to you (for example Germans in New York, nurses in New York, young and single etc) or you can even create a group! Have a look at your events on facebook too or is there a site that states events? We have one called Eventribe here.

Apart from that I'd also suggest you saying to people that you meet and like 'I am new to the city and really want to expand my circle, call me up if you want to hang out'

Thanks, quirky!

Archived