So I met a guy on a dating website and he just recently moved to town for a job. We have been talking since early July and we talk on the phone and text a lot. He got into town and started getting everything set up which had him super busy and I completely understand being a transplant myself. So we met, had dinner and We've still been talking everyday and he asks me to come hangout most everyday, completely nonsexual hanging out. Anytime I stay over he has me sleep in his bed and even cuddles with me. When I'm not over he is sure to call me before bed every night and talk a bit before saying g'night. A few things are bothering me and have me wondering if I'm in the friend zone or if he's just moving slow. One we haven't kissed at all, he's not very touchy-feely(like holding hands, or just hand on my back) unless we're going to bed and cuddling and because of all this I created a fake dating account to see if he had been online, which it showed he was yesterday. I know super creeper of me and super untrusting, but how to I find out if he's actually into me as someone to date or if I've been friend zoned? I don't want to be super blunt and come off demanding, but I also don't want to get too attached to someone who isn't interested in me.

Help please and thank you!!!

So I met a guy on a dating website and he just recently moved to town for a job. We have been talking since early July and we talk on the phone and text a lot. He got into town and started getting everything set up which had him super busy and I completely understand being a transplant myself. So we met, had dinner and We've still been talking everyday and he asks me to come hangout most everyday, completely nonsexual hanging out. Anytime I stay over he has me sleep in his bed and even cuddles with me. When I'm not over he is sure to call me before bed every night and talk a bit before saying g'night. A few things are bothering me and have me wondering if I'm in the friend zone or if he's just moving slow. One we haven't kissed at all, he's not very touchy-feely(like holding hands, or just hand on my back) unless we're going to bed and cuddling and because of all this I created a fake dating account to see if he had been online, which it showed he was yesterday. I know super creeper of me and super untrusting, but how to I find out if he's actually into me as someone to date or if I've been friend zoned? I don't want to be super blunt and come off demanding, but I also don't want to get too attached to someone who isn't interested in me.

Help please and thank you!!!

Well he could be taking things slow, he may also be unsure about how you feel about him too. That could be why he hasn't kissed you yet, etc.

You're not even dating him yet and you're already spying on him using a fake profile. This shows massive trust and insecurity issues on your end. You guys aren't official so he is doing nothing wrong in keeping his options open. I think it's good to not put all your eggs into one basket. So technically he is single so he can do what he wants.

However, it sounds like you want him to only date you so why not lay it all out on the table for him the next time you see him. You could say something like "Hey, we've been spending a lot of time together and in that time I've come to realise that I really like you, but I don't know how you feel about me." That way you'll get your answer.

Regardless of what his answer is I think you should work on your trust and insecurity issues. You need a positive frame of mind for a positive life.

Archived