Will it ever get easier?

shemmyemmy23

So I recently started speaking to this guy that I had some history with. Long story short: we were seeing each other and it didn't work out. We went through a phase of not being friends because it was too difficult but we started speaking again. We've been messaging every day and then last week we booked a hotel room to spend some time together (which involved us having sex which we hadn't done before with each other). After we left he started acting a little weird and told me he felt weird about it, and was freaking out a little because we'd gone months without seeing each other to then spending 24 hours together and doesn't want things to move too fast into anything serious. I asked him if he wanted to cool things and he said no.

Only problem is that I am in love with him and I feel so confused. Is it normal for him to freak out?

Why did you stop seeing other the first time? Whose idea was it to get the hotel room?

I think you need to be careful here. He had sex with you and is now backing away and actually telling you he felt weird about it. That's not a good sign. To me, it sounds like he's got some regret taking that step without wanting anything more from you. Does he know how you feel about him? It seems like he's pumping the brakes so you don't get your hopes up too much.

I would take a bit of a step back and let him come to you. He says he doesn't want to cool things off, so let him show you what he means exactly.

I think he wanted a potential sexual arrangement and met up with you to see if there was potential. It sounds like you agreed to meet at a hotel room for sex and chose not to talk beforehand about what you wanted generally out of this. Now it seems that he's not into any further sexual interactions because he can tell that you're more into him than he is into you. I'm sorry about the disappointment!

Archived