He suddenly dumped me, will he come back?

Ljhall413

Ive been seeing a guy who'd id already known for over a year. The first 6 weeks were brilliant but then he lost his job and a load of other issues came to light. He was too scared to have sex (we hadnt slept together) because he'd been abused as a child, he had PTSD, anxiety and had tried to commit suicide in the past due to a girlfriend ending things. He sunk into an alcoholic fuelled depression but i stuck by him and after a month of shutting me out he came back and snapped out of it and we were ok again. He thanked me many times for standing by him and said i was his light through it all.

However, his Auntie was in hospital dying and his mum was this emotional wreck who wouldnt let him out of her sight so i barely saw him. But he was adamant he knew he wanted to be with me, and he also got another job and said that we could 'take off' again and that he loved me. We've both said all long that none of the issues are anything to do with our relationship.

He turned up the next day with jewellery to say thanks for not giving up on him and that it was to prove he was in it for the long haul. Unfortunatley, i was a bit hormonal 🙄 and started to ask when i was actually going to spend time with him as he was never allowed out of the house and that his mum shouldnt be putting all this pressure on him. He was quite tearful to begin with as he said himself how much it was exhausting him and he said that maybe we should put the brakes on things before one of us snaps and that his feelings wouldnt change and that when things settle down we could pick up again.

I was not happy and made that clear as id waited so long for him and he got extremely upset, took the jewellery gift and left.

Despite me messaging him everyday, he said nothing until a week later when he was extremely cold and told me 'he made it clear that he had more important things on' and to 'leave him alone'!. This guy said he loved me the day before it all happened and insisted he wanted to be with me, not to mention turning up that day with jewellery!. Ive left it now, hoping that if i sit tight, he'll miss me.

Anyone shed any light?

Ive been seeing a guy who'd id already known for over a year. The first 6 weeks were brilliant but then he lost his job and a load of other issues came to light. He was too scared to have sex (we hadnt slept together) because he'd been abused as a child, he had PTSD, anxiety and had tried to commit suicide in the past due to a girlfriend ending things. He sunk into an alcoholic fuelled depression but i stuck by him and after a month of shutting me out he came back and snapped out of it and we were ok again. He thanked me many times for standing by him and said i was his light through it all.

However, his Auntie was in hospital dying and his mum was this emotional wreck who wouldnt let him out of her sight so i barely saw him. But he was adamant he knew he wanted to be with me, and he also got another job and said that we could 'take off' again and that he loved me. We've both said all long that none of the issues are anything to do with our relationship.

He turned up the next day with jewellery to say thanks for not giving up on him and that it was to prove he was in it for the long haul. Unfortunatley, i was a bit hormonal and started to ask when i was actually going to spend time with him as he was never allowed out of the house and that his mum shouldnt be putting all this pressure on him. He was quite tearful to begin with as he said himself how much it was exhausting him and he said that maybe we should put the brakes on things before one of us snaps and that his feelings wouldnt change and that when things settle down we could pick up again.

I was not happy and made that clear as id waited so long for him and he got extremely upset, took the jewellery gift and left.

Despite me messaging him everyday, he said nothing until a week later when he was extremely cold and told me 'he made it clear that he had more important things on' and to 'leave him alone'!. This guy said he loved me the day before it all happened and insisted he wanted to be with me, not to mention turning up that day with jewellery!. Ive left it now, hoping that if i sit tight, he'll miss me.

Anyone shed any light?

Hi, my ex also had bad depression and shut me out all the time. Bad family stuff happend who h made it worse .

If something went wrong I was shut out, I always asked to see her as well she said that gave her anxiety and panic attacks.

Eventually she broke up with said I caused panic attacks and bad anxiety needs to work on herself.

Anyways what I'm getting at depression is a horrible illness, ppl with this don't know what they are feeling and have bad anxiety

, have mixed feelings about eveything.

Unless he is willing to help himself your best off distancing yourself and finding someone more stable Yourll be happier in the future for it.

I'm glad I have moved on it's been 1 month now, I don't have the added stress of it all I wanted to be there for this girl she never allowed it. Sounds like he is the same .

It's very hard at first as time goes on it gets easier I loved this girl deeply too. Sometimes you can't help them, they need to help themselves first.

Ì hope this has helped and I wish you all the best on the future .

Archived