Should I believe him?

floridagirl13

Long story but bare with me here, earlier this year in college I started talking to this guy. We started off as pretty decent friends and I would just help with schoolwork and whatever. Then I noticed he started getting flirty and he tried to hookup with me. I heard he had a girlfriend so I asked him multiple times and he denied her existence and then brought up his instagram and said "don't you think if I had a girlfriend she would be on my instagram?" and just shrugged. So anyways a few weeks after that we started hooking up and it was casual at first but I had always liked him. We would hang out everyday and get food and go places together and then one weekend we went to Atlanta for a basketball game and I saw that this girlfriend he's been denying is expecting his baby. The next morning I called him out and told him to go be with her and to basically leave me alone and he refused, then a few days later he told me he loved me but he only said it once and never said it again and neither did I. We talked, texted, called each other every day pretty much until I saw something that she had posted of him and she just shared a memory with him so I called him and yelled at him (because we had been fighting because I just didn't believe him) and he said "were not together, wouldn't you want the father of your child back" and then a few weeks later I flipped out saying I was no longer doing this and didn't want to be the side chick and he responded and said "how could you be a side chick if i am single" and all this stuff and then i sent a long text saying i was done and he didn't respond for a few days and blocked me on social media so i blocked his number and assumed it was the end. 2 weeks passed and he unblocks me and messages me, I responded. Now we are talking every day and we call and facetime and he was like "i don't want you to think i'm using you because i'm not, you buy me things sometimes and i like new things (i accused him of using me for money) but that's not the reason I talk to you." but he is expecting a baby with this "ex" girlfriend and she is a little crazy based on her social media, almost dumb, part of me thinks they are not together because she used to post about him all the time on twitter and she hasn't posted anything since April. He is transferring to the same college as her to play lacrosse and I'm assuming to be close to the baby. He told me he still wants to see me at school and that he would drive to come down and he talks to me about this baby situation pretty often which I always thought was a good sign because he's being open and honest to me. I just don't know what to believe because I really can't imagine someone being that ty of a person if what he is saying is all lies.

I think when the baby comes he'll be gone. And I'd stop giving him anymore money aswell.

Gone to where? I told him to go be with her and he refused. I don't understand, this is why I'm confused because I know that that is a possibility but how could a baby just make you fall in love with someone? They are in college, not a married couple with stable jobs, and not to be rude but that is not an easy situation or ideal.

Gone to be with her and the baby. He will have responsibilities now and that will take up much of his time.

I understand that he will be with the baby, but why would they end up together? Why would someone cheat on another person for a year and deny they even exist just to end up with them in the end? Like why would he lie about everything for this long when I've tried to cut him off and he keeps coming back, especially after we've argued about this a lot.

Because your giving him money. Also, he may not "be with her" in the relationship sense, but he will be there. What don't you get about this?

I'm not giving him money lol we would just go shopping sometimes. If he isn't in a relationship with her then it's fine, i understand she will always be there now and he has to take care of the baby

What are you confused about? If this guy had an ounce of common sense/credibility, rather than shopping around for other women, he'd be standing by her doing everything possible to help her through this pregnancy. It doesn't matter if they're not together, what does matter is he's irresponsible, and has no idea what it takes to be a father.

Either way, your denial is a temporary fix, and this guy will be gone once he's on the hunt again.

Archived