Open Club  ·  28 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

When I got home last week I went and looked at the house I was most interested in, and really like it. But absolutly fell in love with the ground and the barns. It's got a huge old tobacco barn, I could most likley tear it down and get all the old wood planed down and resold to pay for a good portion of the house. When you get that old wood out of tobacco barns that's been smoked for years and plane it down the colors that come out are unbelievable!! Greens, yellows, purples, and it's in high demand for a high price. There's one barn that's basically a metal building, one that's got bays in it that's open on the front side and the last is pretty large, cement floors, sliding doors, has lights and the rafters are prolly 15-18' high.

The land itself is perfect for holding big bucks, there's been 3 in the last 3 years killed off it, the smallest was 164" the largest was 196". It's got two big hollers that's got a lot of white oaks, persimmons, hickory nut, red oak and poplar trees. It's got thick cedar thickets perfects for bedding cover, an open patch that's prolly 2-3 acers that'll be a killer food plot, and it'd be super easy to come in w/ a dozier clean out around the pond dam plant a good plot there, push out a couple more plots and put a decent trail system through there.

The pond isn't much to remark on, 1 1/2 - 2acers maybe but deep and perfect for stocking with catfish, bass, bluegill and black crappies.

Plus a place to put a nice size garden

The house is cool enough, all the timber and framing was cut off that ground, when the house was built, has beautiful hardwood floors throughout the house, a good amount of counter space, built in gun cabinet, gas logs and a brand new central heat and air unit. The porch is super nice, runs 2/3 the length of the house, going to screen it in, put a couple big celing fans up, mount a tv outside, build a place for a big green egg grill and it'll be just about right for sittin outside listening to the crickets chirp and the coyotes howl.

Got off track, made my offer today, they accepted, talked to the bank they said getting a loan won't be a problem. It's a huge step but one I'm ready to take.

Cap, that's gorgeous!! has Coal seen it?

you'll love it there and it's great seeing you so excited about this!

No he hasn't seen it yet, I had dropped him off at my trailer before I went to look at it, we had just completed a 44 hour straight through road trip

That's super! Congratulations! (I'd love to have a covered porch, or a screened porch!) Is the white building in view in the porch picture part of the property? (If it's neighbors, maybe nix the outdoor tv. Listen to the crickets and birds outside, the tv inside.)

On a side note: I didn't know tobacco was smoked in tobacco barns, I thought it was air dried. But I had no idea. I like your idea for it.

Ooooohhhh that iiiiisssss niiiiiccceeeee. Lucky you. Now go running nekkid through the fields.

Umm that would be a big negative, redbugs and chiggers and bad up there. I am thinking Bon fires, Hank Jr, and a couple quarts of Kentucky Clear though.