Talk some sense into me

Sam8231

I started at my job less than a year ago. I hit it off with a coworker, but he had a long term girlfriend so I backed off significantly. Once backing off, he almost immediately starting flirting with another coworker in front of me. It's obvious that he's shoving whatever their relationship is in my face. I act Iike I could care less, but it's hurtful cause he knew I had a thing for him. I was just never going to do anything about it because I hate cheaters and I refused to be "the other woman."

At first, I didn't care. I could see how much of a jerk he is and realized how much he isn't worth it. I just wanted to forget him. However, he stares at me constantly in meetings and walks by desk several times a day. The past few days, he'll come over and talk for 20+ minutes to the girl next to my desk. It's like I can't get away from him and it's getting under my skin. I know it shouldn't bother me, but him flaunting this girl in my face and being rude to me suddenly has made insecurities of mine to come out. What the heck do I do here?

Ignore him. He's looking for a response/reaction from you. If he's not getting anything from you, he's going to stop eventually. Internally you have to realize that this has nothing to do with you, its childish behavior on his end. Stay grounded in confidence knowing you can do better than this ***.

He's narcissistic. He's looking for his next victim. I'm so proud of you for staying away from someone who's clearly not committed to anyone or anything but his selfish self. Shame on him. Good will come to you for this. Find a better man to set your heart on, not the office flirt. What a thirsty man!

Try to keep in mind that he's obviously trying to get an ego boost here, so the more you give attention, the more you flatter his pathetic ego, don't give him that pleasure, he's certainly worth any attention nor is he worth making you feel insecure. I know it can be hard, but remember that ignoring and being completely apathetic to someone is the worst punishment you can give them, especially if they happen to be an attention seeker ^^

Archived