Is it normal to feel like this?

I'm going through a break up that's just gotten over the 8 week period of a 4 year relationship. Lately I've been finding myself extremely angry and frustrated with the world and it's some what scary considering I'm a very happy individual. Since the break up I've experienced a melting pot of emotions, however lately it's just been angry frustration with a bit of anxiety. This was supposed to be a big week for me and my ex however that is not the case anymore. To quickly sum up this coming week we were supposed to be flying out to Greece to celebrate her mom and a women I consider mom 2.0 beating ovarian cancer. The first week in Greece we were supposed to be celebrating my 25th birthday and our official 4 year anniversary. I feel that the events of this week aren't helping with the anxiety. However I'm starting to truly not believe in love anymore, when people say "hey it's gunna get better" I smile and say I know but tend to believe I'm going to feel this way for the rest of my life. I don't know how to shake these angry feelings about life/love but it really sucks.

You are definitely not going to feel this way the rest of your life, even though it feels like it right now. You just lost your best friend and her family, obviously its not going to be easy but just hang in there! Anger is normal- you are angry because your life has drastically changed and maybe you feel like you didn't deserve it, or that you didn't want the change. And honestly, it does freaking suck!! No way around it but to push through. Good luck.

Archived