25 year difference

](*,)yeah... haven't been keeping up with this thinger... but umm... nope... pretty sure i never insulted anyone.. all i said is that i think it's a bad situation to get into. *shrugs* i don't care if you agree or not... that' what i think. i just don't think a relationship can work with that big of an age gap... he's already gone through what you're going through now... you're 25 years behind him... he's going to retire way before you. what about children? that brings up a problem... he's almost 50... he'll be retired before your child is a teenager.

Crickett,

I understand exactly how you feel because my girl friend is 30 years younger than me and we are deeply in love. We are both divorced. I am 55 and she is 25.

We are very happy together and we don't care how other people think about us. As long as we love each other, anything else doesn't matter. It's none of their business. She had a horrible marriage and her ex-husband is close to her age. As long as you love each other, age gap is only a number.

I am happy for you that you have found your love. Go for it. You are not alone.

I just wanted to post on here cuz I kinda thought, well i'm in the same boat too, not yet, but maybe, and he is 17 years older than me, I am 22. And well, we've already discussed a bit the concerns and stuff like that and where its gonna go who knows, but I'm just wondering, is there anything that I SHOULD be concerned about? Is there any problems that are faced, parents, future plans, etc...? I'm just a little scared to jump on head on into this without thinking about it first. I do like him A LOT though. so if someone could share this with me that is actually in this situation i would love that. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am actually kinda surprised to see people still posting to a thread I started in April of 2005. Just to update averybody, My BF and I are still together and going strong. I am now 22 and have began my career, and he is 48 and still doing his thing. We still get along great and have a wonderfull time together.

It really makes me glad to hear/see that there are people in age gap relationships that are working out just fine. If anyone wants to e-mail me, don't be afraid. I would like to chat with people who are in the same boat as me. My email is email removed.

](*,)yeah... haven't been keeping up with this thinger... but umm... nope... pretty sure i never insulted anyone.. all i said is that i think it's a bad situation to get into. *shrugs* i don't care if you agree or not... that' what i think. i just don't think a relationship can work with that big of an age gap... he's already gone through what you're going through now... you're 25 years behind him... he's going to retire way before you. what about children? that brings up a problem... he's almost 50... he'll be retired before your child is a teenager.

Wow. Age 17 and you're already an expert on relationships!

I'm just a little scared to jump on head on into this without thinking about it first. I do like him A LOT though. so if someone could share this with me that is actually in this situation i would love that. thanks.

Hey Blue Skittles. I'm in the same boat as you. I don't understand some of the comments on this thread--if you're against age gap relationships, why are you reading/posting in the AGE GAP RELATIONSHIP forum??? Anyway, I am 24 and the guy I have a HUGE crush on is 48. Another good place to ask questions is link removed or the ivillage forums. I too have concerns about how to tell my family, having children, etc. etc.

I understand exactly how you feel because my girl friend is 30 years younger than me and we are deeply in love. We are both divorced. I am 55 and she is 25.

Hey a friend of mine is in a similar situation. She is 28 and he is 49 and they are both divorced too. She said that having gone through a divorce herself actually helped her better understand and relate to him (i.e. dealing with the ex-spouse, stepkids, etc.) Nice to know that there are people in similar boats making it work!