Revision has me all over the place

well its coming to the end of school which obviously means tests. Im 14 in year 9 (13-14). we have exams coming up in 2 weeks and its gonna be stressful for anyone preping for exams, i know that. its just that our teachers are really pressurising us to revise because there are new tests that are harder. there isn't a problem in that, its just that they over pressurise us. they act like we only have 1 subject to revise for and if they arent down our throats they havnt give us anything at all. im finding it really hard because im being given homework on top of it too. im starting to lack sleep my eyes are getting really bloodshot. and im getting headaches and going dizzy. im just so worried about these exams because its my future and it doesnt help that they really keep going on about it.

idk what im asking for, i think i just need to tell someone who wont give me a detention for criticising their teaching.

thanks for anyone who sat through that and if there is anything that might help please say.

but dont say dont worry about them because its the worst and most in effective advice ever.

I'm with you in solidarity with the opposite problem-I have to mark hundreds of exams!

Think about how you learn best. Are you visual in your learning? Mind maps and post-its around the house where you are likely to glance at them can help. Auditory? Record yourself saying the info out loud, watch some tutorials. Try breaking down information into smaller chunks that you can manage.

Good luck.

Ugh, I feel you; I just had to grade all of my final exams a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know what country you're from, but here in the States schools have a merit-based system that "grades" teachers based on how well their students do on these tests. That means that their pay and even their job entirely rests on the backs of students right now. It's a horrible system that means teachers have to teach to the test instead of teaching more broadly, not to mention the above pressuring that occurs, but rest assured that the teachers hate it just as much (if not more so!) than you do.

Good luck with your exams!

Archived