ex blocks me on social media after 6 months

My ex boyfriend broke up with me roughly 6 months ago.The break up was something neither us us wanted because we are in love, but the relationship was getting toxic. He is now in a new relatioship with one of his exs. We did the "no contact rule", until recently he sent me an email basically stating that he still loves me, and how he wishes me the best in life. I responded back with hostility. I told him I loved him too, but we will never be on good terms and for him to never contact me again. We havent been friends on social media since the break up, but 1-2 weeks after we emailed he blocked me on facebook. The next day I made my IG account public, and I noticed he blocked me the same day.

Why would he wait 6 months to block me?

We did the "no contact rule", until recently he sent me an email basically stating that he still loves me, and how he wishes me the best in life. I responded back with hostility. I told him I loved him too, but we will never be on good terms and for him to never contact me again.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Perhaps he's dating someone else and doesn't want you to find out the hard way.

But OP, you also told him not to contact you anymore and you will never be friends. Him blocking you on social media is conducive to your wishes.

Sorry OP, I missed the part in your initial post of how he's already in a new relationship. My mistake!

But yes, if you responded to him angrily, then it follows he'd block you. It sounds like it's probably for the better, so that you can move on and leave this guy behind you.

Archived