Asking him to come back - am I being selfish?

My boyfriend went to Australia for studies and I hated having a LDR but we managed to keep this going, we have had a lot of ups and downs and it was always me suggesting breakup, it was never an option for him. I was lucky to get a national Engineering degree (free) but he failed which is why he decided to go abroad to study and I stayed in my country. We are both at our final years and I will be finishing in December and our initial plan was to get back together by me going there by finding a scholarship for Masters or a job or by partner visa.

Right now he is having a very hard time trying to find money to pay the fees and I have a feeling he could get suspended and now his plan is to start a diploma course (less expensive for about a year), and find money during that time, and then continue the degree after that.

And I suggested him to come back here (since we've been apart for so long) and wait for my degree to finish, and then find money together and go and continue his degree. And he's not liking it at all. Am I being selfish, asking him to come back to be together? I don't wanna break up because we've been through a lot of troubles together and I don't wanna give up at the final couple of months. I'm just so frustrated he won't listen to me and I'm scared our getting together would be delayed.

I don't even know what I'm looking for, advice or consolation. I just want to do the right thing and I just hate being apart, God knows how we managed to be together for so long.

I can see why you would like him to be back in your area, but when it comes to education, my feeling is that he needs to put his schooling first.

If you're already planning on moving to him after December, stick to that plan so he doesn't need to further delay getting a degree and thus landing a job.

I can see why you would like him to be back in your area, but when it comes to education, my feeling is that he needs to put his schooling first.

If you're already planning on moving to him after December, stick to that plan so he doesn't need to further delay getting a degree and thus landing a job.

Thanks, I needed to hear that from someone else.

Archived