I have been in an on again off again relationship with my ex husband for years. He's cheated on me more than once. Recently we got back together for the 3rd time. We'd planned for me to relocate for us to be together. I'd asked him on several occasions if he was sure if he wanted this. He reassured me. I turned in my resignation at work, turned down another job opportunity, and gave up my house to relocate. I informed him I had a job interview and would be coming to his apartment. He was fine with that. When I got there his behavior towards me was odd. I hadn't seen him for months. He didn't touch me and was very distant. This is not how a man acts if he hasn't seen his woman in months! I did ask him about it. He gave me some lame ass excuse. He said we have to get use to bring around each other again. I was married to this man 14 years! Fast forward a few more weeks. I'm still looking for a job there, he's becoming more and more distant. I'm asking him if everything is ok? One day he goes on my Facebook page and basically accuses me of cheating with a man who was his rival in high school because he tagged me in a pic when he and his wife was vacationing in Jamacia I never went to Jamacia and he tagged me 5 years ago! It's as if he was reaching, trying to start an heated argument. He started bringing up old problems we had in the past. He sends me a text the next day telling me how hurt he was. I'm like are you kidding me??? I have not heard from him since. I gave up my job, my home, to relocate and he ghosts me. I know he is seeing someone else. It really hurts me because he had time to tell me the truth before I gave up everything. He also knew my financial situation. He has really made a fool of me. How could someone do this to the mother of his children???

He didn't make a fool out of you. You are just as responsible as he is. You knew he was a cheater, and clearly you guys had been having problems for a long time. You made a fool of yourself. Put an end to the madness, see if you can get your old job back, find a new home, and pick a better man.

One more thing. How can someone just throw you out like trash and just move on like you never existed and not have remorse. I'm not his ex girlfriend. I'm his ex wife, how can he look me in the face again. I know our paths will cross again.

Thanks for being so candid. However, he had plenty of time to be truthful before I made the sacrifices. As I mentioned I asked him on numerous occasions about me moving there. That is what I'm most pissed about.

That doesn't answer my question though. Given his past, why did you drop everything?

Did you two have any sort of counselling to sort out your many issues before you gave up your home and job to move to his place? If not, why not? You should have discussed many things as this was a huge, important decision and move for you but it doesnt sound like any past problems were resolved. Couples counselling could have saved you a lot of grief.

Sacrificing everything for a person who repeatably cheats on you is very reckless. If he did all these things why are you the one sacrificing everything? What could possibly make you trust a person like that enough to put yourself completely at their mercy?

Don't get me wrong, guy sounds terrible. You don't seem to learn and every time you and him get back together you reaffirm his behavior.

Fool me once shame on you, but twice, and above is on me.

How do I pick up the pieces? I just don't get it. I have children with this man after THIS how is he gonna ever be able to look me in my face again? This was the ultimate!

You have your answer. You can't ever trust him. Take this as the last example of his untrustworthiness.

If he can look at you after cheating multiple times and being this way then I'm sure he will be able to after this too.

Really really sucks that you share children. Makes it a million times more rough.

How do I pick up the pieces? I just don't get it. I have children with this man after THIS how is he gonna ever be able to look me in my face again? This was the ultimate!

Dump him. He doesn't care about you. He knows you're at his beck and call and under his thumb. The sad thing is, you didn't learn your lesson "more than once." You're a doormat to him and unfortunately, some people are just cruel.

How do you get rid of all the anger. I was so hurt before. Now I'm very angry at the way he acts as if I never existed. He completely ghosted on me. I would never want him back, I just can't understand how you can just go from texting and taking to someone everyday and then just stop. I know he has another but really??? I have to let it go I know, I feel like I hate him! I know it's only hurting me.

Archived