Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Do I need to bring a gift to a gender reveal party?

AmyeMae

This is my first time going to a gender reveal party and im not sure if a gift is expected. The parents did include a registry link in the invitation, but they are also having a baby shower in a few months.

I'm not sure if I'm expected to bring a gift for both the reveal and the shower since a registery is given?

Any advice would be great!

I think that its really tacky. reveal the gender at the baby shower. Do not bring a gift as to not indulge these self centered people unless you are not bringing one to the baby shower. If you know the party planner well, then you should casually ask what a gender reveal entails.

I think it's tacky to have a shower AND a gender reveal party and to expect gifts at both. My feeling is that this is what this couple is doing, judging by them including the registry list to the invite. IMO, it's tacky and yes, it sounds like they are expecting a gift at the gender reveal as well as the shower, but it doesn't take away from the tackiness of it.

It's just my opinion, but what I would do is not give a gift at the gender reveal. I would say "Oh, I'm sorry, as you know, I'm attending your shower and I wanted to know the gender of the baby before I buy a gift! Congrats, btw!"

I would not give in to their gift grabbiness. Unfortunately, many people cave and just get a second gift but that's facilitating unwanted behavior so I wouldn't do it.

Thanks all!

I was leaning towards no but wasn't sure what the proper thing to do was lol. The registry made me assume they expected it, otherwise why include it

But I think I'll save the gift for the shower and bring cookies or something haha

Archived