Another Damn Terrorist Attack in Britain - 19 Dead, 50 Injured

Wasn't sure where to post this since no current events section but ...

from CNN:

"British police say 19 dead, 50 injured in Manchester 'terrorist incident' - Ariana Grande concert in British Arena."

Good lord, hasn't that country endured enough?!

And I'm heading over there too on July 10th, not even sure if I should now. So much damn turmoil.

Anyway, I'm not a religious person, but God bless all those killed, injured and their families.

PEACE.

I didn't see your post and just posted my own thread. Yes, this is terrible. Reports are varying as to whether it was a terrorist attack or even a bomb at all; I saw rumors that it was a speaker that fried its wires and exploded. Nonetheless, it's a senseless tragedy and I pray for peace and love for those affected by the incident.

I didn't see your post and just posted my own thread. Yes, this is terrible. Reports are varying as to whether it was a terrorist attack or even a bomb at all; I saw rumors that it was a speaker that fried its wires and exploded. Nonetheless, it's a senseless tragedy and I pray for peace and love for those affected by the incident.

Where is your thread posted? I didn't see it.

The reports I've read all said it's a terrorist attack, but I guess we won't really know till all the info comes in.

I recall when the attack happened in March, the media initially made it sound MUCH worse than it was.

That's not to say it wasn't tragic, it was ... but they made it sound like the entire country was on a major lockdown!

I pray it wasn't another terrorist attack.

I just read this:

"If confirmed as a terrorism incident, it would be the deadliest attack in Britain by militants since four British Muslims killed 52 people in suicide bombings on London's transport system in July 2005." Britain is on its second-highest alert level of "severe" meaning an attack by militants is considered highly likely.

Silent prayers and best wishes to all affected.

I posted in Off-Topic, because like you I had no idea where to post it. Maybe that's why it's not showing up here? I dunno.

I really, really hope that this isn't a terrorist attack. The rumors I mentioned were social media comments from people near the site, but you know how reliable eyewitnesses are.

Heard the news not long ago. It's unfortunate to hear of these tragedies. Also the effects it has after the incidence in the world stage are difficult to repair and certain communities will now bear the brunt. Let it not be a terrorist attack. In condolences

Think it's pretty sure now its terrorism from what I've read now. People with metal fragments in their bodies strongly suggest a bomb.....and it's celebrated in some parts... enough said....

Just woke up with this terrible news.... I'm in tears

Innocent children.... what the F is this world coming to...

I'm thinking about the kids and everyone involved...

Sigh....

Edit.. it was a suicide bomber police just confirmed.....21 dead plus him but I'm not counting him....

Sadly, tragically, it was the work of a suicide bomber. It isn't the first time that Manchester has been the victim of a devastating bomb attack - my thoughts go out to those poor victims, their families and the wider community.

To an extent, living with the threat of bombing is part of British city life and has been since the 1970's. Doesn't make it any less devastating when it happens.

It was a shock to wake up this morning to the news. My family originated in that area many moons ago, although they now in on the other side of the world.

Thinking of the families of those affected. This is just a senseless waste of life.

This concert was predominantly packed with young teen girls and children.

I cannot believe what I woke up to this morning. Heartbreaking isn't even descriptive enough.

I just sit here waiting for updates.

I am crying while reading the reports.

Killing innocent children

This is a new low

I wouldn't call it "new" looking at Sandy Hook, Columbine, and Warrington Bombings.

But what sickens me is that the people (mostly children) who wanted to go see their favorite singer are now dead or facing a nightmare that will haunt them for the rest of their lives. F* whoever does this... especially to children.

Not just that but over 60 children were separated from their families over this tragedy because everyone stampeded out.

And I'm heading over there too on July 10th, not even sure if I should now. So much damn turmoil.

I've heard rumors that security was very laxed at the concert that bags were not being checked. I think because of this event, security measures will increase.

Don't let this one event trouble you or you've let the terrorist win. This is coming from someone who lived in the D.C. area during 9/11 and has a father who was one of the many firefighters that responded to the distress from the pentagon.

So heartbreaking. What is wrong with these people who value death over life? Touched by all of the support for the victims in the area on twitter, giving people shelter until they are able to reunite with families and helping to connect people. I feel bad for Ariana too - the guilt (though misplaced) she must be feeling for being the cause of the gathering.

I am grateful for the number of countries that strive for diversity of thought, religion, and lifestyle. I am grateful for the number of ways we experience cultural exchange. I am sad for the many many times our own citizens have turned against us as neighbors and countrymen. And I am glad for the many faiths that promote peace and abhor violence, whether it be in modern times, during the Crusades, or in polytheistic Ancient Greece.

Manchester took a blow that was meant for all of us who live in peace, of all faiths. We stand together.

"I'm not sure how I feel about a site that doesn't allow freedom of speech..."

Cool it, Vicky.

Of course there is freedom of speech here. What isn't here is promotion of racism and all-out generalisations. Bear in mind. also, that there probably are Muslim - and other - posters on this forum.

"I'm not sure how I feel about a site that doesn't allow freedom of speech..."

Cool it, Vicky.

Of course there is freedom of speech here. What isn't here is promotion of racism and all-out generalisations. Bear in mind. also, that there probably are Muslim - and other - posters on this forum.

Absolutely, this is an international forum.

Archived