I'm in love with my girlfriends sister! Help please??

Tex2020

Hi there im 19 and I am shipping out to bootcamp in July for the Marines. My girlfriend is 18 and her sister is about to be 18 this month. I have been with my gf for almost 4 years now and our love has fallen apart. Every single time I see her sister we make eye contact and my heart melts! I'm so in love with her I don't know what to do! I really need to know if I should take the next step and tell my gf pr if I should keep it and regret it when im off to bootcamp.. Please help! Thank you guys!

If you've ever had any love or respect for your girlfriend you'll dump her and leave for boot camp without ever talking to her sister. There is zero way for you to tell her sister how you feel without you being basically a douchebag. If you aren't in love with your girlfriend let her go. Going to boot camp hopefully will give you space and let you meet new people so you can let go of your crush on her sister. Give yourself time and I'm sure you'll have another strong crush. Be respectful to the relationship you had and don't be a foolish jerk.

take the next step and tell my gf pr if I should keep it and regret it when im off to bootcamp.. Please help! Thank you guys!

... the next step is not telling your gf you're in love with her sister. That's the stupidest most destructive thing you could do to their relationship.

The next step is you break up with her and go to boot camp.

Break up with your girlfriend--you aren't into her so free her up to find someone else. The sister is off limits. It isn't going to happen so forget it.

Forbidden fruit, right?

Once you're in basic your life will change. I've been there, and, trust me, you'll have plenty of other things to worry about.

Once you're out of basic and are a Marine in uniform you'll have plenty of opportunities and both sisters will be faded memories.

Very wise words from rosephase, agent and Krankor.

Under no circumstance should you tell your girlfriend that you are in love with her sister. Firstly, it is unlikely that you are in love with her. Infatuated maybe ... but you are not in love with her. Secondly, getting together with her sister (assuming she even feels the same) would be the most selfish thing you could do. You would tear their relationship apart and cause friction with the rest of the family. Besides, it is highly unlikely that this girl would want to hurt her sister by getting together with her ex-bf of four years. Don't even think about going there.

End things with your girlfriend but do the right thing and exit her life completely so she can get over you. Concentrate on boot camp. In time you will meet someone else.

Well, first off - you need to go talk to your recruiter about this. And get the advice of the man who is working hard to get you into the Marines and to be a human being who will exemplify everything the Marines stand for, which I happen to know is not acting like an actor on a daytime soap or a guest on the Jerry Springer show. I come from a military family myself, all branches including the Marines. So you need to go talk to him about it and hopefully he'll tell you the same thing I'm going to tell you. Which is you need to break up with your girlfriend like yesterday, and then go to boot camp and stay away from the family for the rest of your natural born days. And keep your mouth shut, because things like that people don't need or want to know. And it can do a tremendous amount of damage to your girlfriend and her siblings feelings, not to mention her family.

Because if you think being on a battlefield is bad, just try the old "I'm going to get between siblings and think the family is going to be totally cool with that," routine. Only the most dysfunctional family would be okay with that, at all.

There is only one way to win this if you're a decent enough person to care about other people's feelings at all or to have any empathy with another human being than yourself. So you break up with your girlfriend, go to boot camp, don't go near either of them. And keep your mouth shut so as not to damage the relationship between siblings and the rest of her family. And you walk away and move forward into your future understanding that at 19 you have a full life ahead of you and if you're old enough to join the Marines, you are old enough to do the right thing.

But don't take my word for it. Go talk to your recruiter. He'll set you straight, I hope.

If you ever had any feelings for your girlfriend at all, you will absolutely never tell her your feelings for her sister or ever pursue it. You will hurt her immensely and possibly destroy her relationship with her sister.

Leave your girlfriend and the whole situation behind you. Do not be destructive. The sister is off limits and it will never be right or okay.

My ex fell in love and had a secret relationship with his nephew's fiancee. They finally decided they had to be together, so he dumped me and she dumped the nephew. The family was completely torn apart. Now he has little to no relationship with his family and the nephew is brokenhearted and feels horribly betrayed.

This will not end in a happily ever after with the sister.

Hi there im 19 and I am shipping out to bootcamp in July for the Marines. My girlfriend is 18 and her sister is about to be 18 this month. I have been with my gf for almost 4 years now and our love has fallen apart. Every single time I see her sister we make eye contact and my heart melts! I'm so in love with her I don't know what to do! I really need to know if I should take the next step and tell my gf pr if I should keep it and regret it when im off to bootcamp.. Please help! Thank you guys!

If you're going to be a marine and in the forces, do a manly thing of honor and forget about the sister. That is wrong, on so many levels. There are things you do and things you don't do, and this is definitely one you don't do.

Archived