Adam911macdona

Hey I met this girl a few days ago in hospital and it was one of those meetings that only happen in films lol but I just thought wow I need to speak to her so I did. We got on like a house on fire exchanged numbers and are in constant contact. She says she is really into me. The problem iv got is I'm 35 with baggage and my last relationship was terrible I got brought down all the time and lost all my confidence and self belief . this girl iv met is 24 absolutely gorgeous in every way possible. I find it hard to believe that she likes me when she could literally have any bloke in this world. And I just don't know what to do. Do I not bother cos I'm just setting myself up for a fall or do I roll with it. I think the problem is my own head in the fact that I have little self confidence cos of the mess I was in before. Just so confused. Please help lol

Adam, *slap* get over it and get in there lad!

Yes, your self confidence is low, but we all have baggage by your age and if we let it hang over our heads the entire time, we may as well dig a hole and go live in it.

Stop worrying what she MIGHT think and just go with it. If it all ends in 10 years time, then so be it.

If you like her, date her! But actually date her, go out together on fun dates, get to know each other, don't get sucked in to constant texts and building things up out of proportion. Try not to build up ideas about her either 'she could have any bloke she wanted, why would she like me?'. Not only is that kind of thought cutting yourself down, it's putting this person you don't know yet on a pedestal. Date and keep working on building your self esteem back up ...think of all you have to offer and how the right woman will be lucky to get to know you. Try staying realistic instead of trying to write the story before its unfolded. The truth is anything could happen and you don't know her yet. Just go and have fun with as few expectations as possible.

Archived