Hope for everyone...Hopefully

I just want to share my story as it might be helpful for some of you:

I had a bad breakup heart wrenching, it was traumatizing, I still can't put it into words. I had dated before but she was the first I truly loved. Sleepless ensued, I lost a lot of weight, people didn't recognize me. Breakup was at the end of October. Mid January, I contacted her to get back to her but it didn't work out. We had dated for close to a year and had been close close friends for a year before that. I was lost and hurt. I couldn't properly function. I was always thinking about her.

I decided that it was too much and had to take positive steps into getting over her. I saw her a bunch of times with guys, at first it was painful but slowly I started getting over her and feeling better. I met a lot of amazing people, got my life back on track and everything seems to be falling into place. I am almost over her. I have come a long way and I want everyone to know that they can too. I still think about her sometimes but it's way less than before, and looking back it's bittersweet. I got over my anger towards her and truly wish her the best.

I hope that all of you in pain will feel better. The night is darkest just before the dawn.

Best wishes

Small edit: No contact since mid January

Excellent. Good job. Have you considered dating again?

I met a lot of amazing people, got my life back on track and everything seems to be falling into place. I am almost over her. I have come a long way and I want everyone to know that they can too. I still think about her sometimes but it's way less than before, and looking back it's bittersweet. I got over my anger towards her and truly wish her the best.

I am considering it, I have been on some dates. Some have shown interest. But still waiting a bit before I start any significant relationship. Thank you Wiseman, I remember you gave me advice back then. Should have listened to it from the start and not months down the line.

Ok, boson222, this sounds like trolling to me!!! Feeling better!?!? Sounds as believable as finding Sasquatch!! But, seriously, I'm glad it's better. We all KNOW it will get better, just sucks until we FEEL that way. Keep up the good fight!

This is good to hear. I'm so glad that you are healing and that you see the light at the end of the heartbreak tunnel.

Your timeline is similar to mine. Year of friendship. Year of relationship. Dying inside ever since.

Every week since I initiated NC I see progress. It still hurts but I'm out of bed and not wondering how I can live without him and our love. It still is excruciating but I'm living with the pain. Which is more than I thought I could do a few weeks ago.

Thank you for sharing this.

Sending you light and love.

It's good to hear a success story or one in the making. I'm 4.5 months into my break up and still think about her non stop. The only progress I feel I've made is I've finally accepted it's over for good. I was in denial for months and holding on to the fantasy she would change her mind which kept me from starting the recovery process. Not much progress but it's a start right?

It's good to hear a success story or one in the making. I'm 4.5 months into my break up and still think about her non stop. The only progress I feel I've made is I've finally accepted it's over for good. I was in denial for months and holding on to the fantasy she would change her mind which kept me from starting the recovery process. Not much progress but it's a start right?

Acceptance is one of the most important steps. You're on the right track!

Thanks everyone for the nice replies i really appreciate it. For those still aching, it will get better I promise it will. I never thought it would but surprisingly it did. I hope you all feel better. And yes any small progress is a start. You won't get better by making a big radical change but by making small changes, small steps that culminate in a big change.

I still remember the second day after the breakup, the state I was in...God it was horrible. But now it's amazing how my confidence came back, so many good things have happened since then.

I promise, you will get better, it is a matter of time. If anyone would like to talk or anything I am here for you.

of course it is a start! This is the right way to go about it. It will get better. Never give up.

Archived