Frustrated by the quality of matches online

yeahyeahyeah

yyy,

You seem like a guy who could stand to read and learn some about living a purposeful life as a man, in my opinion. Good women aren't going to want you if you aren't driven toward something you enjoy doing that helps society, yourself, and a potential family all at the same time.

And as far as online dating goes, you should be grateful for it. How many dates would you be going on if it weren't for online dating? Unless you are someone who can drum up dates via random approaches/striking up conversations, all you can do is keep moving forward with a positive attitude. Or you can stop dating altogether.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoy video games but unless a game that you've been dying to play just recently came out, it would turn me off to hear that someone was playing a game all weekend and nothing else. I fill my time with a variety of things, including gaming, and like my partner to do the same.

yyy,

You seem like a guy who could stand to read and learn some about living a purposeful life as a man, in my opinion. Good women aren't going to want you if you aren't driven toward something you enjoy doing that helps society, yourself, and a potential family all at the same time.

And as far as online dating goes, you should be grateful for it. How many dates would you be going on if it weren't for online dating? Unless you are someone who can drum up dates via random approaches/striking up conversations, all you can do is keep moving forward with a positive attitude. Or you can stop dating altogether.

Zero

If this were true I'd already be in a relationship. Yes, I can get sex and short term flings if I get myself into online dating or if I'm more extroverted when I go out to bars (which I'm not), but it's been very hard for me to find someone to have a good and healthy relationship with. Of course part of it is my responsibility and my choices have a lot to do with it. But to say it's super easy for a woman to have a relationship... I never got where men got this idea that we snap our fingers and bammm we are in a relationship already on our way to the altar.

I think the difference is when women go online they are just going on there to read messages in their inbox and delete the ones from guys they are not attracted to based on looks and profile. When men go online they are going on there to browse and send messages in order to get a message in their inbox.

That's the difference between men and women having a online profile.

I think the difference is when women go online they are just going on there to read messages in their inbox and delete the ones from guys they are not attracted to based on looks and profile. When men go online they are going on there to browse and send messages in order to get a message in their inbox.

Men have told me they get messages from women and it gets tiresome. I, a woman, made it a point to seek out men I wanted to learn more about, and otherwise keep my profile hidden.

Different people have different experiences.

i come across a lot of guys on tinder who are:

1) just looking for a FWB

2) in an open relationship and looking for another partner

3) unhappily married and want a discreet FWB or girlfriend

4) guys that swipe right but never message me (or ignore me if I message them)

im sure there are men on there who are genuinely looking for a relationship and have bad luck, but a lot of them aren't looking for a steady girlfriend.

But those are companion search first world problems. There are men who can't even get a message at all on a dating site

Men have told me they get messages from women and it gets tiresome. I, a woman, made it a point to seek out men I wanted to learn more about, and otherwise keep my profile hidden.

Different people have different experiences.

Maybe they are extremely good looking men. So when you say your profile is hidden the men can't see your picture?

Maybe they are extremely good looking men. So when you say your profile is hidden the men can't see your picture?

That is correct. Nobody can see me at all unless I like them first. Then they can see pics and profile in full.

See this is another problem a man don't have to worry about. Having to hide his profile when browsing online lol

So true. I guess some men get trolled too, dunno. I once had a business contact send me pics from outside my home. Like, Look! Im near you!

Eww.

To watch in person or on the telly

Is that a "must have" or "like to have?" I'm not a huge sports fan. I'll only watch if there is a Superbowl party, and even then, I'm only watching the commercials. However, if you can watch it with your friends, does your girlfriend have to share this hobby/interest? I like to go to dance performances and plays and I get that not everyone is into those things. I have friends to go with though. I wouldn't expect my boyfriend to want to come with me every week. Likewise, I'll watch sports once in a while if that's what he wants to do, but not on a daily basis.

Is that a "must have" or "like to have?" I'm not a huge sports fan. I'll only watch if there is a Superbowl party, and even then, I'm only watching the commercials. However, if you can watch it with your friends, does your girlfriend have to share this hobby/interest? I like to go to dance performances and plays and I get that not everyone is into those things. I have friends to go with though. I wouldn't expect my boyfriend to want to come with me every week. Likewise, I'll watch sports once in a while if that's what he wants to do, but not on a daily basis.

Like to have. It's actually been times I seen a profile when a woman puts in her profile she likes football and then once we chat on the phone I start a conversation about it and she changes the subject. lol

In almost every age category, single women outnumber single men.

I don't go by stats and stereotypes. I think it's harder to be in a relationship and to find one if you think that way. I believe you bring about what you think about and what you believe. .... But the data reports that there are more single women. Thus there are more available women then men. I backed it up with verifiable data.

Now back to the original post.... Online dating to me is the worst. Trying to get to know someone based off of interest in a picture is the worst (to me). I tried and I personally can't get into it because I am attracted to personality. I can't determine that in the one dimensional world of photos and profile statements. It's kinda discouraging.

In almost every age category, single women outnumber single men.

I don't go by stats and stereotypes. I think it's harder to be in a relationship and to find one if you think that way. I believe you bring about what you think about and what you believe. .... But the data reports that there are more single women. Thus there are more available women then men. I backed it up with verifiable data.

Now back to the original post.... Online dating to me is the worst. Trying to get to know someone based off of interest in a picture is the worst (to me). I tried and I personally can't get into it because I am attracted to personality. I can't determine that in the one dimensional world of photos and profile statements. It's kinda discouraging.

Well normally it's looks then personality.

Yes, women are usually more passive in their approach. However, when I found a guy that seemed interesting to me I'd usually send him a message. I also got many messages from guys who would want to talk to me all day but never actually schedule a date to meet in person. I know that there are many women who do the same too.

Archived