Do I tell my cheating ex that I could possibly be pregnant?

I broke up with my ex-bf of 2 years back in November of 2016, and have been in contact with him the entire time we were broken up. A month after we started seeing each other again (little dates and hook ups) but never put a title on it. We were still madly in love with each other, but right after i broke up with him, he went on a dating app, met this other girl and started seeing her. It was a whole situation and I told him it was either her or me, and he had to choose. He told me he chose me, and we continued seeing each other and hooking up, etc while he was official with this other girl. I waited so long for him because he kept promising me he was going to end it with her but, but he never did. So in other words he was cheating on this girl the whole time. At first he felt guilty every time he did it, but then it seemed like he didn't care. I should have stopped seeing him once he got a gf, but i genuinely believed he was going to leave her.

After months and months of this going on, and after talking to friends about the situation, I decided to tell him I would not see him anymore and I told his girlfriend what was going on. At this point they were dating for 3 months and he was cheating from the start. I figured she had a right to know, especially since he was sleeping with two girls. When I messaged her, I explained how I was sorry, and explained the situation and gave proof (pictures, and texts from my ex) showing that he was cheating on her. My ex contacted me furious at me for telling her, and told me to tell her I was lying. He said he couldn't choose between two people he loved. To make a long story short, after talking to him she did not believe me despite my proof and they both blocked me on everything.

3 weeks later after the time we hooked up, my period is late and it never is. I took two pregnancy tests, one came back negative and the other positive. I have an appointment for a blood test to confirm. If I am pregnant, it would have to be his since I did not have sex with anyone else. I am very stressed and don't know if I should reach out to him and tell him. He is already very angry at me and blocked my #. I'd have to email him and hope he reads and believes me. Should I wait to confirm the pregnancy to tell him?

Yes, I would wait until it is confirmed either way (pregnant/not pregnant).

And add a full STD workup. Obviously he has unprotected sex if you believe you might be pregnant. And whether you want to believe it or not, you two may not be the only women he's sleeping with.

I would only inform him that you are pregnant if you are in fact pregnant and plan to keep the baby. I would inform him only as a matter of formality because you would pursue child support from him unless you put the baby up for adoption. Abortion is another option. I would not inform him if you are not pregnant. chi

Stop acting like he's a cheating ex. You were the awful one here, in my opinion.

You break up with him. You sleep with him. You find out he has a girlfriend. You keep sleeping with him.

Then you try and manipulate him in to staying with you (after you break up with him?!? What?!?!) by telling his girlfriend, about you, even though you knew about her.

Awful. So don't label him as cheating and pretend that he's the only one who did wrong.

To answer your question: tell him nothing until it's confirmed. But understand he's under no obligation to be with you.

And I sincerely hope you didn't do this on purpose to get back at/with him.

Archived