xoxo01

My ex and I broke up 6months ago. All throughout this time we have kept contact with each other. Now recently he started dating someone new and they've been together for two months. We tried working things out before then but we were still hurting from our past that we couldn't see eye to eye. Being that he is in a relationship I have my guard up and I don't feel comfortable talking to him about certain things bc he confuses me. He tells me he wants us to be together but he is scared because of what has happened to us when we were. We both hurt each other and we are both scared of a repeat of the situation. Just recently he had begged me to come see him to talk things out because it was better if we saw each other in person rather than spend hours on the phone or texting. I did this and we both expressed our feelings and how we loved each other and we wanted this to work but we need to figure out how we are going to do this. I told him I needed him to break up with his girlfriend because there's no way for us to be able to really work things out when he is dating someone else. He told me that he was going to figure things out. Now after that we had texted each other here and there had little arguments about the whole situation. Finally again he begs me to see him so I met up with him again and he tells me that he wants us to be together & that we are meant for each other but the girl is still in the picture. I asked him about the girlfriend and he says that he enjoys hanging out with her but he doesn't have feelings for her like he did with me and that he is still in love with me. He told me that he has been wanting to break up with her For awhile but doesn't know how to go about it. I told him that he has to do something because if he doesn't I have no choice but to move on with my life. He told me that he will and has explained that he just wants to make sure that we are not going to repeat the same mistakes again. He is scared to be with me because he loves me so much and I hurt him badly. I explained to him that it hurts me even more if he is playing with my feelings & that if he knows that it's not going to work out to just let me go & leave me alone. But he tells me please to be patient because he is figuring it all out. He has said that he is going to break up with her in a couple days or whatever and for me to not worry ...

I believe him but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up. Like he has been very persistent and refuses to let me go. & has explained multiple times he isn't happy with where he is at and he was happy when we were together. We both have kids from prior relationships and when we were together we had a little family and we planned for marriage. He has always told me that he was going to marry me someday and still till this day says that if we get back together it's for the long haul...like is he toying with me? Is he being genuine? I mean was he scared of that rela commitment because we have kids? I don't know there's so much more to it...I just need some advice.

Unfortunately he's stringing you along if he's dating someone claiming 'he wants to work things out"? Does that make sense to you?

Stop talking completely. He's with someone and wants you as a backup plan.

M he started dating someone new and they've been together for two months. I told him I needed him to break up with his girlfriend because there's no way for us to be able to really work things out when he is dating someone else. He told me that he was going to figure things out.

Archived