How to leave???

NarcissistWife

I can't stand confrontation, especially with a possessive individual, but I guess I have to. Actually, it feels empowering to be able to finally tell him how he has hurt me with his destructive ways and I can have closure.

I will either be able to move my things alone with the vehicle we share, ha! It is highly unlikely he would let me do so, or I will be on the lawn waiting for my ride to move me and my stuff (probably with him screaming for me to get off "his" lawn, then pleading with me to talk). I will be clear I will call 911 the minute I feel threatened. He does own weapons, so I am leery to wait for a ride while his anger builds.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't stand confrontation, especially with a possessive individual, but I guess I have to. Actually, it feels empowering to be able to finally tell him how he has hurt me with his destructive ways and I can have closure.

I will either be able to move my things alone with the vehicle we share, ha! It is highly unlikely he would let me do so, or I will be on the lawn waiting for my ride to move me and my stuff (probably with him screaming for me to get off "his" lawn, then pleading with me to talk). I will be clear I will call 911 the minute I feel threatened. He does own weapons, so I am leery to wait for a ride while his anger builds.

if he threatens you, you should file a restraining order.

I would find someone to help make the move when he is not there, even if I had to hire that person. Craigslist or Facebook. I think it would be worth it to pay someone. chi

I would love to do that, but I do not think I could find someone to move me in the middle of the night. He works third shift. Ugh. My plan is to be packed and outside when he gets home, and let him know if he threatens me, I will call 911. I will take back my control. He can not make me do something I do not want to do. I hate dealing with it this way, but I do not have another choice.

I would love to do that, but I do not think I could find someone to move me in the middle of the night. He works third shift. Ugh. My plan is to be packed and outside when he gets home, and let him know if he threatens me, I will call 911. I will take back my control. He can not make me do something I do not want to do. I hate dealing with it this way, but I do not have another choice.

At least try. But if you will be packed and outside the home a Uber driver could take you anywhere at any time I am just trying to think of every option. chi

Yes, I thought about an Uber driver. Unsure if they will want to bring me and my stuff, which isn't much, but the drive to where I am going would be at 3 or 4 in the morning and almost an hour drive. Ugh!

I know quite a bit about Uber drivers, and I am positive they will do it. They work 24 hours a day and they will help you with your stuff. chi

Good to know! I do have to wait until Tuesday to have money. Hopefully, there will be money left in the bank. I am sure he will be writing a check for alcohol. He used what was left in the account and not for allergy medicine he said he would buy me. Grrr!

Beat him to the bank. At this point, who care if he gets mad. Get an air purifier for your allergies. You will never need medz for allergies again. chi

Ok. Thanks. I will look into it. I'm sorry, I am thinking out loud on here, weighing my options. I can leave Tuesday with cash, but if I have to set up and pay in advance, I will have to wait for the money to hit the bank on Tuesday, set up a driver and leave Wednesday. I just know if I wait until Wednesday, there will be hardly any money left in the account for me to move with. He will find a way to spend it on something.

I just went on social media, and see a girl who used to live in my town who is or was an Uber driver! She is friends with my ex's nephew (not the current guy). Maybe she will do it.

Perfect! Just tell her how desperate you are to leave at that particular time and the reasons for it. Promise her a good tip if she helps you out. We women have a sisterhood, ya know. I'll betcha that she will do it. There must have been a reason that I got online on this site at 3 am. chi

Ok, update. I contacted the Uber girl and she said she would do it for nothing! She then said she isn't a morning person, so I said how about at night? Then, she backed out. Said it was over her head. Ugh!

Ask her if she can recommend another UBER driver. They often know one another. chi

I asked her if she could recommend someone. The issue is this...no one ever wants to get involved with personal issues. I should have never said why I needed to move at the time needed. My ex told me he will still help me move. This is a guy I dumped, ha! He says from an outsider's perspective he knew it would come to this with this guy. He could see it. I wish I could have!

I asked her if she could recommend someone. The issue is this...no one ever wants to get involved with personal issues. I should have never said why I needed to move at the time needed. My ex told me he will still help me move. This is a guy I dumped, ha! He says from an outsider's perspective he knew it would come to this with this guy. He could see it. I wish I could have!

Well, if it comes to your ex doing the deed, then the best scenario would be that you and your ex coordinate the time so that it is a quick deal, where you are out of there in a flash. The timing is extremely important. Can you get all of your things out of the house in one swoop? What I am envisioning is that you sweep out of the house and into the car. chi

Archived