30 days of No Contact log ( Think I can do it?)

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to start NC again...every time I reach out to him it's like picking at a scab, in the rest of my life it serves me well that I don't give up easily, but not so much here. I have the hardest time accepting it, even though I've been told point blank by him that there is nothing I can do. NC really does need to be for the right reasons though, NOT as a manipulator to get him back. Instead just because in my heart I know the whole thing just needs some space, and I need some time to heal. I can't bring myself to unfriend him on FB...care and want to know what he's up to.... One thing I do is to work on a letter that I am going to send him in a year. It helps me have a bit of perspective!

So this is day zero again...sent him some photos this evening. Every time I do anything like that or check his profile, it's like ripping off a bandage. But I don't want to stop...masochist or hopeless romantic, you decide!

Decided to start NC again...every time I reach out to him it's like picking at a scab, in the rest of my life it serves me well that I don't give up easily, but not so much here. I have the hardest time accepting it, even though I've been told point blank by him that there is nothing I can do. NC really does need to be for the right reasons though, NOT as a manipulator to get him back. Instead just because in my heart I know the whole thing just needs some space, and I need some time to heal. I can't bring myself to unfriend him on FB...care and want to know what he's up to.... One thing I do is to work on a letter that I am going to send him in a year. It helps me have a bit of perspective!

So this is day zero again...sent him some photos this evening. Every time I do anything like that or check his profile, it's like ripping off a bandage. But I don't want to stop...masochist or hopeless romantic, you decide!

Cheers to you for reevaluating things and going into NC for the right reason. What photos did you send him, if you don't mind me asking?

Hello all, first time poster, I hope you don’t mind if I join the conversation - I’ve been here A LOT recently and its been really helping with the process, I think I’m just having one of those moments when you need a tiny bit of a vent.

I’m on day 22 of NC. I had a bit of a cry today, the first time in weeks. I know it’s just because I’m just having a down day. I know I’m tired, and my hormones are out of whack (thanks period), and I’m stressed about financials. My birthday has just come and gone, and I wonder if she sent me a message. I’m actually glad I’m here in Singapore so I couldn’t see if she did or not - I didn’t have to spend all day agonising over what it meant if she did, or resenting her for breaking my NC, or just getting sadder if she didn’t.

Some days I hardly think of her, some days, like today - not so good. Three and a half years of talking to a person every day, sharing everything, sometimes the void of her absence kicks me in the chest all over again. I’m sick of feeling sad

But you know I am really proud of myself as well. It’s been over a month since she broke it off - and I really believe I’m doing well - 22 days of NC down already!

I haven’t even been tempted to try and contact her, not even to try and peek on social media. It should have been longer, but she made me break it twice by texting me, asking a question, and before that our tutor emailed me saying she was worried and had contacted student services. Our bloody TUTOR, and yet I’m sure she still don’t think her newfound ‘spirituality’ is going too far.

I truly believe I’m stronger without her. I know I can find a more stable girl out there. I think tomorrow will be a better day.

Phew, rant over, stay strong everyone and thank you, reading your stories has helped me incredibly this last month and a bit!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...