Opinions please on this guy I'm talking with

CallaLily5

Looking for opinions on this guy I'm talking to. We met online and he took his time responding to my communications, but always was in depth in his responses. The last time he responded it took two weeks and I thought I wasn't going to hear back. He said his online membership expired and he didn't see my email for a while because it went to junk mail. He said he actually was going to take a break from online dating (he has since hid his profile). He gave me his number in the latest post and we ended up meeting up not long after.

He barely ever texts me and when we do text it is mostly just to set up plans. He takes hours to respond to me, but always answers. I realize he might just be not into texting or is busy, but it is something to note. He did say he is bad with technology. At one point he said he dropped his phone in water and it was out of commission and that was why he took a while to answer.

The second date went pretty well (he initiated a kiss) and he asked about upcoming dates (always real dates and doesn't try to get me to his place or anything). He reached out a few days later to set up a time to talk on the phone. But, he was late calling me the time he said he would. On the phone he set up the next date. The day before the date he said he got a flat tire and said we should still be ok for the date but wanted to mention it in case he couldn't get an appointment to get it fixed. The day of the date he texted to say it wasn't looking good and his tire wasn't even ordered yet (the garage dropped the ball). He ended up getting the tire fixed but said he would be running late and maybe we should reschedule.

I will also mention he says he was previously engaged in his last relationship but that fell through (not sure why yet).

All of it could be true, he could just have bad luck, but it seems odd. Every time I feel like he won't respond or he is done, he resurfaces. What are your thoughts? Does this seem fishy or am I looking too far into it? I feel like between the bad happenings and the lack of talking, he doesn't seem that interested. If he isn't interested, then why keep pursuing me. I just wanted to see some opinions. Thank you!!

The last time he responded it took two weeks and I thought I wasn't going to hear back. He said his online membership expired and he didn't see my email for a while because it went to junk mail. He said he actually was going to take a break from online dating (he has since hid his profile). He gave me his number in the latest post and we ended up meeting up not long after.

!

Call me cynical but I tend to think he either met someone or reconciled with his ex.

He's putting just enough work into you, but not too much to keep you an option.

I could be wrong. . It could all be plausible. It's just my spidey sense saying you should keep one open on this one.

If you're going on dates and enjoying yourselves, why complicate it? Sporadic dating site conversation and not being a big texter aren't very significant variables in my mind. As Wiseman alluded to, it's early and he doesn't have much reason to make you a big priority yet.

Maybe step up to the plate yourself if he's organized the last three dates.

Archived