Says he wants to see me but makes no effort

LillyBella224

So I have been seeing / talking to this guy for about 3 months or so. I really do like him and he tells me he likes me but he makes no effort to see me. He goes out with his friends but not me. I haven't seen him in weeks even though we live close. He tells me he misses me when we are apart and that he wants to see me. He said he wanted to see me but never went through with any plans he just said i'll get back to you when i'm free but he hasn't. He doesn't live far so it's no excuse. He's never been in a relationship before and he is 19 so even though he may not be experienced you'd think he'd know how to make an effort if he really did like me. He is always ignoring my texts and only replies when it is convenient for him. He'll go on facebook but won't text me back. I said to him I will leave if he continues to do this and he didn't even seem bothered. He is just stringing me along. I am however so attatched to him I am finding it hard to distance myself. What do I do? Ignore him back and see if he will chase me?

Leave what exactly? He won't bother to see you = you are not in a relationship and he owes you nothing. Of course he isn't concerned over your threats because they don't make any sense. He isn't concerned about spending any time with you either or even responding to you via text, so..... what is it exactly that you are attached to? You've got nothing going on with this guy.

How many times have you met this guy and have you slept with him?

Agree with whomever said your threats don't make sense. You are not in a relationship so there is nothing to leave.

Sounds like he just likes to have others flirt with him and I doubt you are the only girl doing so.

Please stop embarrassing yourself by saying you will walk away.

Where is your dignity? Just walk away with no warning because he doesn't actually care anyway.

And remove him from your social media.

I think you should ignore him. But not because your hoping he chases you but because you value yourself to much to put up with this nonsense. Or you 'should' value yourself it does not seem like you do which is sad. YES he is 'stringing you along' did you even have to ask? I agree with the poster Billie who said to stop embarrassing yourself, and walk away. Reading your post, I am embarrassed for you. Sorry.

I also have to ask how you ever allowed yourself to get so 'attached' to a guy who so obviously doesn't give a crap? He couldn't be more obvious. Where is your self esteem is right. What story are you telling yourself that makes all this acceptable to you so much that you want to continue on and even resort to games to get him to chase you?

My personal prayer for you is that you learn from this, and spend some time figuring out what draws you to guys who don't give a .

I also have to ask how you ever allowed yourself to get so 'attached' to a guy who so obviously doesn't give a crap? He couldn't be more obvious. Where is your self esteem is right. What story are you telling yourself that makes all this acceptable to you so much that you want to continue on and even resort to games to get him to chase you?

My personal prayer for you is that you learn from this, and spend some time figuring out what draws you to guys who don't give a .

I got attatched because he treated me so well at the start.

Always, always, always periodically reassess actions and your current situation. It helps keep off the rose colored glasses and stay in the present. Regardless of what he was doing, he is not doing that anymore. I would suggest to remove him from your life because you really do deserve better.

Sorry to hear this. It sounds like all talk and no action. That's a red flag. It may be best to tell him you are moving along.

Don't flatter someone who is indifferent and dismissive by chasing them.

Is he multidating or keeping a bunch of girls in a holding pattern like this?.

I really do like him and he tells me he likes me but he makes no effort to see me. I haven't seen him in weeks even though we live close.

Archived