Girl says yes to date but now ignores me

Evongelo

I've been out of dating for two years so I'm very rusty. Just got life back on track and really feel good about where I am and where I'm headed. I thought this world be a great time to get a girlfriend too.

I've matured a lot over the last two years so I'm not real bent out of shape over this, but it does have me scratching my head.

I met a girl who works next door to my work. She always smiled when I came in and said hi, and we would smoke together outside on breaks and talk. Last week I asked her out, and she said yes. She said she would be back in town Sunday after vacation, and we could go out then. Her break was over and she was in a hurry so I didn't get her number, but I figured I'd see her again like I do. I didn't, so we never went out. I saw her again at work a couple days ago, and we talked about her vacation, and I asked if I could still take her out. I said I'm rusty, but it certainly seemed like she was still interested. She said she was starting a new job and would neeed to learn her new schedule first. The next day I went in to buy a pack of smokes and asked if she had a minute to join me, she said she had just taken break, so I said have a good day and left. Two days ago I went in again and bought smokes, asked her about her new job, and handed her my phone number. I said for her to let me know what her schedule was. She seemed much less friendly and hasn't sent me a message yet. Today I saw her as I was leaving work, and she seemed to avoid me. She was in her car as I was coming out and looked down and busied herself with something until I got in my car. It wasn't until I drove away that she got out.

What the hell happened lol? Should I do anything or say anything or just forget it. Like I said I'm not too bent out of shape over it, but it did seem like a really nice opportunity.

It sounds like she'd not interested.. if I were you I'd just forget it! Don't even bother saying anything about it to her, just act normal next time you see her but dont bring it up. If she is interested then she'll message, but from the sounds of your story I think she may have just said yes out of awkwardness. Fair play to you though for having the guts to ask, I cant imagine it's easy! And dont let this incident put you off asking other girls out, keep it up

I've been out of dating for two years so I'm very rusty. Just got life back on track and really feel good about where I am and where I'm headed. I thought this world be a great time to get a girlfriend too.

I've matured a lot over the last two years so I'm not real bent out of shape over this, but it does have me scratching my head.

I met a girl who works next door to my work. She always smiled when I came in and said hi, and we would smoke together outside on breaks and talk. Last week I asked her out, and she said yes. She said she would be back in town Sunday after vacation, and we could go out then. Her break was over and she was in a hurry so I didn't get her number, but I figured I'd see her again like I do. I didn't, so we never went out. I saw her again at work a couple days ago, and we talked about her vacation, and I asked if I could still take her out. I said I'm rusty, but it certainly seemed like she was still interested. She said she was starting a new job and would neeed to learn her new schedule first. The next day I went in to buy a pack of smokes and asked if she had a minute to join me, she said she had just taken break, so I said have a good day and left. Two days ago I went in again and bought smokes, asked her about her new job, and handed her my phone number. I said for her to let me know what her schedule was. She seemed much less friendly and hasn't sent me a message yet. Today I saw her as I was leaving work, and she seemed to avoid me. She was in her car as I was coming out and looked down and busied herself with something until I got in my car. It wasn't until I drove away that she got out.

What the hell happened lol? Should I do anything or say anything or just forget it. Like I said I'm not too bent out of shape over it, but it did seem like a really nice opportunity.

Yes. Classic move. Indicates to me, that she is not interested.

You're overpursuing bigtime. Don't worry about her and pursue others. She's not interested, hence her lame excuse about her "new schedule." She may call you one day, but it's doubtful. Don't take it personally. If she does ever call you, you'll already be tied up with a woman you're more into than you would've been with her. And please, quit smoking Big Tobacco has enough money and cares nothing for what happens to your lungs.

Archived