what to expect is/are opinion of men about getting someone pregnant or chance to

Belgian girl

In my opinion there isn`t necessairily a correlation between poverty, `anxiety` (due to wrong or lack of non psychical medication), refusing psychiatric stuff, .. and being instable

it affects one's ability to handle one's own life, let alone a child's life and see to the best interests of both. without significant help from others, a team of professionals included. and then maybe.

i'm sorry to put it like this, but if you can't help ingesting things that cause you severe allergic reactions (one of the many examples of high-risk behavior from the vault of your past threads), you can't rely on yourself to keep a child safe and well.

parental neglect is still neglect, whether caused by inability, or conscious and intended.

it ends in broken homes and high stress, sometimes permanent damage to the child, and rehoming, which, while it allows the child more favorable physical circumstance, does not necessarily do away with psychological damage.

again. unless you and the child are under legal guardianship, supervision and assistance from someone fit for it, i don't see this working. and that option is still irresponsible and somewhat inhumane by general standards, since it is not usually met with approval or sympathy to bring a child into the world only for the responsibility for it to end up being dumped on someone else.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't matter if you label it stable or unstable -I agree with Rainy Coast that it means that right now you cannot serve the best interests of the child. Things may change of course -your mental health and lifestyle choices may improve, as may your financial stability. and please don't think I am suggesting perfection -I am referring to your personal situation and the myriad of factors that make you not ready to act in the best interests of a child under your care and responsibility.

i don't know what OPs disability is, but clearly, and no disrespect if this is indeed caused by a disability, it affects her perception and cognition. it doesn't look like she can grasp the concept of putting the child's needs first. and for that reason, i am hoping that she'll at least cooperate with someone who is able to do that before and if she gets pregnant.

Yes.

It's not personal.

Putting the child first is a skill that parenting requires.

Addison `s disease

it is selfish.

not to monopolize the thread,

but in comparison to OP, my mental, physical and situational problems are very mild.

i am two years older, single by choice atm, and have a reliable job with a steady income.

i am also childless by choice.

of course i'd like to be a mum. but i would also like to know i am fit to provide the child a stable and pleasant life. as long as i have any doubts about my own situation and readiness for parenting, that automatically means i have so much more doubt about the child's future. while there are no guarantees in life and i know people often have a child in sub-optimal circumstance and find ways to make it work, it strikes me as completely irrational and irresponsible to have one without even trying to secure a decent life for it first.

i don't know what OPs disability is, but clearly, and no disrespect if this is indeed caused by a disability, it affects her perception and cognition. it doesn't look like she can grasp the concept of putting the child's needs first. and for that reason, i am hoping that she'll at least cooperate with someone who is able to do that before and if she gets pregnant.

What does ingesting mean

it affects one's ability to handle one's own life, let alone a child's life and see to the best interests of both. without significant help from others, a team of professionals included. and then maybe.

i'm sorry to put it like this, but if you can't help ingesting things that cause you severe allergic reactions (one of the many examples of high-risk behavior from the vault of your past threads), you can't rely on yourself to keep a child safe and well.

parental neglect is still neglect, whether caused by inability, or conscious and intended.

it ends in broken homes and high stress, sometimes permanent damage to the child, and rehoming, which, while it allows the child more favorable physical circumstance, does not necessarily do away with psychological damage.

again. unless you and the child are under legal guardianship, supervision and assistance from someone fit for it, i don't see this working. and that option is still irresponsible and somewhat inhumane by general standards, since it is not usually met with approval or sympathy to bring a child into the world only for the responsibility for it to end up being dumped on someone else.

"what to expect is/are opinion of men about getting someone pregnant or chance to

"

I got a girlfriend pregnant a few years ago, and I told her that I supported whatever decision she wanted to make, though I indicated that I'd rather her have the child than not. She decided on an abortion. Since then I am much more against abortions than I was before. We had good family around us. We were at prime ages to have a child, etc.

If I were to get someone else pregnant now, I'd say I want to have the child. Of course there's nothing I could do if she didn't want to. But I would say that I don't support her having an abortion, that I don't believe abortions are good in most every case, etc.

A well-known advice columnist used to describe the process of women intentionally getting pregnant without the father's knowledge or against the father's wishes as the way that women can "rape men". It is an abuse of sexual power.

I also find it hard to think of a more selfish act than bringing a child into this world to satisfy your own needs, in full knowledge that you will be unlikely to be able to support or fulfil his/her needs. A child is not an accessory.

• 3 weeks later...

Right now I wonder if what he mentioned to me or called pinball relationship he used to have With the Mom of his child in fact might mean open relationship

It was me who took initiative while he has had only two relationships and à teenage child born out of that second relationship

Archived